Thread: Overclocked GPU completely stable in 3d apps but crashes when started from sleep mode

Overclocked GPU completely stable in 3d apps but crashes when started from sleep mode

Hello friends, i am having the Overclocked XFX 6950 which is been Unlocked at 960/1400 at 1.25V, it is working very much nicely and also stable with the 3D application, but it crashes when I start from sleep mode. Whenever i do this then the system freezes or crashes to white screen. I am getting the problem only with the sleep mode. Does anyone knows that what is the cause of this problem, please tell me. Thank you.

Re: Overclocked GPU completely stable in 3d apps but crashes when started from sleep mode

I believe that the sleep mode should be taken out, there should not be the option in windows, there are been many problem with that and also it is mainly with the hardware which are been used in it, not with the software feature. This is nothing new, i would suggest that you does keep your system in sleep mode, so you will not get it again.

Re: Overclocked GPU completely stable in 3d apps but crashes when started from sleep mode

I would say that try to work it out with the latest drivers of the card, from the official website. It might be able to sort some sort of the problem and it will not crash again after sleep mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerius View Post
    I believe that the sleep mode should be taken out, there should not be the option in windows, there are been many problem with that and also it is mainly with the hardware which are been used in it, not with the software feature. This is nothing new, i would suggest that you does keep your system in sleep mode, so you will not get it again.
    It is not at fault of the windows, if you have observe about it then this sort of the problem is not been seen on laptops which are having Windows Operating System, where the entire kit is been tested and also fix the issue which is been arised. Such kind of the problem are been seen on the desktop system as it is hardware manufacturers are not making as per specification and you have to test it before plugging it to the system. So if the manufactures do that job and release the product then there might be no problem with the system and also it will nice for the user to get it. So it is product fault not the windows.

If the sleep mode is there in the windows then it is not bad thing to have until and unless the hardware is compatible with it. I think that it might be causing the problem with the overclocked video card, otherwise it is very nice feature to have in the system. So if you are having the problem with it then you do not use it. Even you can set the time for the sleep mode. I have set the time for sleep mode to never in windows, and also having the sleep button on my keyboard, so whenever i wanted to enter it to sleep mode then i press that button. So you can also try it and check that it working for you or not.

I think that the problem which is been caused with your system is been due to the CPU overclock which is been the common problem, i wanted to know that have you enable CPU PLL overvoltage? If you have not then you should have done it and it is thing which will vary from cpu to cpu. SO you better try to drop the overclock down and check that it is solving the problem or not. So you can check that it will work for you.

There been many issue with it and also there might be problem of the sleep mode with the hardware. So i also think that it should be removed from the windows then there might be no more problem with it.