Thread: Need Suggestion for Repairing cost and Replacement cost for BIOS

Need Suggestion for Repairing cost and Replacement cost for BIOS

Hi friends recently I am finding out the estimating repair cost and when I really should consider a replacement, my friends suggest me the replacement of BIOS. But however I can’t figure out that how can I know when the motherboard needs to be replaced and when the BIOS are need to replace. I am very confused between these two conditions. If you people have any ideas about this then let me know.

re: Need Suggestion for Repairing cost and Replacement cost for BIOS

According to my information, the BIOS are needed to be updated if you are doing some major processor upgrade in your System. That means to say if you upgrading dual core to a quad core then there the need to make the BIOS Update. And if there you find any replacement option for your Motherboard then you should replace it. Basically the replacement of Motherboard is done when you want to change the older system with the newer. But however the BIOS is only updated if there are some changes in processor of your Motherboard of different company.

re: Need Suggestion for Repairing cost and Replacement cost for BIOS

If you are changing the motherboard then there might be the need to buy some another power supply, too. And after this you have to make upgrade the BIOS. And also upgrading the Motherboard will also lead to make the entire changes there in your system. But however you can make use of your old Monitor, Mouse , Keyboard, printer in your upgraded system.

Re: Need Suggestion for Repairing cost and Replacement cost for BIOS

This all depends on the user needs and wants. Were as a latest replacement Motherboard will perform better then the upgrading BIOS. The replacement of processor is also requiring at the time of motherboard replacement to make the better performance of the System. And beside this there are no other cost require because you can make use of the existing RAM and Monitors, Keyboard etc. with that latest motherboard and processor. So it is better to upgrade your System for getting the better performance.

The replacement of System Hardware and BIOS is done if there are some critical changes seen in PC, and also the users requirement and planning for making the changes in the System. The BIOS Update can added some extra function if available in that update. And also if you have any issue with the BIOS then you have to note the BIOS version that you are using and then visit to the official site of that particular BIOS and make search for any latest BIOS is available for there on that manufacture's website. If yes then this latest BIOS will sure have some fix for the previous issue that the user are facing with their BIOS. If there are availability of the BIOS then there is no need to change the Motherboard and if there is no Update available for BIOS then it is better to make changes of the Motherboard to get the better performance of the System.

There is the need to verify the Current Specification of the System before planning to make the changes in BIOS or replacing Motherboard. And also don’t unnecessary upgrade the System without any requirement this may require lots of time and also there need for reinstalling the other Drivers and Application which may cost and waste of time. So it is better to make such changes for some important reason.

The thing that I want to suggest is that the New Motherboard means a new Computer, it just cost less Money but it is time consuming process; so this is totally depends on users choice whether the user really need to make the replacement of Motherboard. So the better is to wait for some time to get some better replacement for the existing Motherboard in same price.

My suggestion for the replacement and upgrading is that, it is the best thing to perform upgrading from time to time to get the latest features and uses of the same system. A bios update, if available to get the better performance of the BIOS and also if you have any issue with the BIOS version then it is need to make the upgrading for the better performance and fixing the BIOS related issue.

With the help of any Linux Bootable disk you can probably identify if the windows being borked, or to detect if any Hardware issue is exsist in your System. And the thing that I know about solving most issue is for reinstallation of OS, which is simple and also less costly. If you are having any serious issue with the System performance then it is better to reinstall the OS to resolve those issue.