Thread: motherboard for amd2

motherboard for amd2

I hope someone is in Nor-Cal who can help me.

After I came back from China--and after getting my machine out of a storage unit, I was told that the motherboard was failing because system would occasionally crash. So I took it to a tech-school that helps people with computer problems. A test confirmed board was failing. I went to buy "compatable" board at fyres, but it did not work. So dude told me he would look for a used board compatable to OS which is Vista.

I am somewhat in a depressive state because my life is on my hard drive--actually both of then since the HP machine I got allows 2 HD's--vista and Win2K as a storage drive.

So now I am asking for help from someone (and I am open to private communications) for help to get board (amd2?) that will work with vista OS.
    I don't have any money, I am trying to find a job and have all my work for job hunting on my system. I also believe some stuff is stored on board? Through private conversation I can put you in touch with tech guy who is trying to get me back up and running--but I need a motherboard that goes with vista. I'm basically trying to help him since he is not sure who to turn to and neither am I. Thats why I came here. I am feeling very depressed because I don't have my own system and have been without it for a month. Is there someone here that can help? Please? Contact me with and questions. Thank you.

Re: motherboard for amd2

What kind of motherboard was it? And what all other components were installed in the machine? What is the budget that you carry to purchase this new board? Without getting much information about the ram, processor type installed on the machine, we cannot suggest you to go with any board at the moment.

Thank you for your reply.

All I remember was it was a AMD2 socket--according to spec's check the guy did in search of proper replacement. I believe it had 2gigs of memory (?) as it was originally a HP Pavillion (refurbished) desktop running Vista. As for other details I would have to give you number of tech place for guy that is trying to fir approiate board. Fryes sold me what they said was "compreable" board with AMD2 socket (don't know what it means) but thats what a search came up with. When he tried to install new board, it apparently would shut down. If you can PM me here, I can give you number of guy who has it. He has spec's on what old board was.

As for what I can afford, I have no money at this time. Was told I would have at least-a fense building gig which would put cash in my prcket. But that did not happen due to weather, and family illness--on their end. Plus I'm on medication. I'm getting despert for work since I am staying with former boss. Can get apartment (and assistence) when I find job. But using this crappy laptop is not working. Getting my machine back running would be a huge plus in helping find a job. Plus this laptop has many bugs in it and its not mine.

I'm trying to help tech guy since he only has school facilities to do the work. I guess he does not know many other contacts he can go to when in a jam/doubt. Hethought he has replacement, but that won't work either.

Okay, I see we can get PM. I can give you more there if thats ok.

Instead of pm'ing, ask the guy about the whole computer specifications and post it here, so that other people who will read this topic will also help you out, finding out the appropirate motherboard for the other hardware components that will fit in it. Since, you cant afford a new board, cant you just repair the old board that is at trouble, it wouldnt cost much comparing the payment for a new board.

Okay. I will call the guy in the morning and get the details. I will do a serch now and see what I can find that I need to know to post. Thank you for responding.

Forget what I posted earlyer. Just learned that system can't be repaired. I will have to get a new machine--but data can apparently saved. And for someone in need of a job, it just keeps getting worse.

Thank you for expressing your interest. I appreciate it.