Thread: Cooler Master V8 on Intel Core i7 950 showing High Temps

Cooler Master V8 on Intel Core i7 950 showing High Temps

I got the Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler and Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste. I am going to use it on i7 950 processor. I didn’t completely remove the old thermal paste from my CPU. I just wiped off paste without using any cleaning method. Then I have installed this new Cooler on the CPU. All the installation was proper and fine. But when I used the PC, I got CPU temps were still 48-51C. I thought that I didn’t put the thermal paste properly. So once again I re-installed everything by following step by step method. Now I see slight decrement in temp but not more. Because temps are still in high 40's. What could be the problem?

Re: Cooler Master V8 on Intel Core i7 950 showing High Temps

According to many reviews of CoolerMaster V8 I have seen that normal temperatures should give 32c at Idle and 45c at Full Load (no OC). But I just installed Cooler Master V8 and I get an average of 44 c Idle and 56 c Full Load, seems to me something is not right. Before installing I have followed the whole process and cleaned with alcohol until it was as normal again, then use Artic Silver 5 paste throwing a vertical line in pulp process. I don’t think that I didn’t something wrong there.

I have not seen anyone that can run an i7 950 at 4.0GHz with a vcore below 1.3V.

I was very surprised by the heat from the i7 950. But I had confirmation that the Core i7 LGA 1366 heats a lot, it is expected to be stable up to 100 C! So began my Q6600 curtain at 74-75 C, even when I used the original cooler, you cannot go beyond 3.0GHz without reaching fatal temperatures.

That said I doubt that the lower vcore will be sufficient. I have already suggested my friend to check if the cooler was installed correctly.

Cooler Master V8 model is a micro heat sink to the level that will make processor temperature falls overwhelmingly, giving an optimal cooling. Dedicated primarily for users who wish to do Overclocking, this cooler will allow keeping the temperature at stable levels, to avoid any inconvenience when we raise the frequency of the computer's clock. It should be noted that not only can use configurations to which they are subjected to Overclocking, but can also be used on computers where this frequency is required, receiving excellent cooling performance.

The temperature difference you're going to see by a more thorough comparison, but know that no air cooler is going to lower temp below the coretemp.

Air never going to be able to lower the ambient temperature and itself it is complicated in match, Please note that all the components that you got inside the system may be generating temperature could rise inside the cabinet. For that you will need a good heatsink but before that make sure that there is a good airflow in your cabinet.

A word about mounting on Core i7, two bars set on either side of the base, two screws at the end of the bars and a fixing nut on the back of the motherboard with a plate to stiffen the whole.

Note that the small Cooler Master is available with two bundles: the former without mounting kit and the new Core i7 mounting kit with Core i7 so careful at the time of purchase. Otherwise the mounting kit Cooler Master LGA1366 costs extra.

For me, the V8 has been running for almost 1 year. I am absolutely happy with it. Temps across the 50 C, I hardly know, because in the Bios as a threshold 55 C and 62% speed until then, at least it has never gone to 100% and 62% not to hear. Sets in the quiet rustling of the GPU and the CPU fan. The CPU runs at 3.85 GHz under load.

This has a fan diameter of 12 cm from a small adjustable potentiometer and therefore, it is easy to choose if you want maximum heat dissipation, or rather a quiet operation. As for the temperature issue you might have used too much thermal paste and it could be causing the bad contact. If this is not the case, then you should try decreasing the voltage of the CPU and then try.