Thread: CPU temperature drop after sleep mode

CPU temperature drop after sleep mode

Below is the specification of my system. Currently, I am facing some weird problem with this. Actually, when I start my computer then the idle temperature of the system is about 45c but when I put the same on sleep and wake that again then the temperature dropped to 30c. After this, it remains of the same temperature even if I make it sleep or awake. I cannot understand that what can be the reason for this weird behavior. Can somebody over here guess something?
    • Abit IP35-E motherboard
    • Intel Quad Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz
    • CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 for CPU cooling

Re: CPU temperature drop after sleep mode

What I can guess with your post is that the CPU get heated vat the start up as it take more load at the start and after that it runs in the normal mode and so the temperature of the system reduces. Anyways, if that is not creating problem for you then there is no need to worry about this and you can continue with you work on PC without any problem.

You can make use of the Hardware Monitor to check the exact temperature of the system. Hardware Monitor is an application made ​​available by CPUID that allows you to monitor all system hardware components, allowing you to see the temperatures. Once started, we will see an intuitive graphical interface. We show the type of processor, video card, fans and hard drives. For each one will display the current temperature, minimum and maximum. For the processor, it can read the different voltages and fan rotations per minute.

The speed of the system keeps on changing time to time as per the system uses to balance the temperature of the system. The temperature of the system will keep on changing. What you can check is that if the fan spins varies as the temperature of the system changes. And if this is true then there is no problem. Changing of the temperature of the system is normal and there is nothing weird about this.

You can try by updating the BIOs to the latest as this effects on the CPU fan speed and cpu fan speeds is the one that controls the system temperature. Check if you get any change after the update.