Thread: forgot bios password of acer aspire 4315

forgot bios password of acer aspire 4315

hi, i am a newbie here. i have a problem of forgot my bios password. the os is not working so, i had to format it but i cant access my bios. my laptop is acer aspire 4315. is there anyone can help?

Re: forgot bios password of acer aspire 4315

Best way you can reset the bios of your acer motherboard is to clear the cmos battery, just remove the battery from the mobo for 15-20 minutes and then re-insert it and try to log into bios, it will not ask you for password. Once your BIOS password is removed, you will need to press the <F2> key during POST (Power On Self Test) to enter the Acer BIOS setup.

To wipe out the password you will have to flash it. First you will need to find the right bios file for that process. Or else it will not work. Try to find the manual of your laptop. This manual has a complete process to flash the bios thing. Follow proper steps on the basis of that and re-flash the bios. This will wipe out the password and will also give you a big better output. Remember that if this is improperly done your system might be completely dead. So do it properly after finding the Right files from the web. It is a very old model.

There is one more way to wipe out the password of this laptop. But for that you will have to open it. It has a tiny battery on the motherboard. Just remove it and then add it back after sometime. This will remove the password. I will not recommend you to do the same if your system is under warranty. If not then you can try opening the same. Through the manual you can find proper steps to completely remove things from the laptop and fit them back. You have to find a service manual. It has proper picture illustrators to open up the system.