Thread: After BIOS Update of M2N78-LA in HP Pavilion a6740nl its CPU Fan constantly speeds up

After BIOS Update of M2N78-LA in HP Pavilion a6740nl its CPU Fan constantly speeds up

Hi guys,

After updating the BIOS on my HP Pavilion a6740nl, the CPU fan continually speeds up occasionally every one or two minutes. HP wouldn't assist, the just way is to get their replacement motherboard, they said. Do you have any suggestion regarding how I can reinstalled the BIOS back to before version? The system is Windows 7 64 bit .i be grateful for any input from you.

Re: After BIOS Update of M2N78-LA in HP Pavilion a6740nl its CPU Fan constantly speeds up

Same thing I upgraded my motherboard the other day on the version 5.07/5.08 to the version 5.16 and at the moment the CPU fan pulses each seconds. Its turn out to be a real issue while watch films. It look as if some other folks are having the similar issue with other variation of the M2N78-LA board. I've tried resetting the BIOS, clearing RTC data making use of the jumpers plus look for all over the place for an previous BIOS however nothing. Does anybody have any proposal further than get in touch with HP as the computer is out of warranty.

Re: After BIOS Update of M2N78-LA in HP Pavilion a6740nl its CPU Fan constantly speeds up

I upgraded my BIOS on a day ago to 5.16. At primary the sounds of the fans revving patchy were irritating but now I have gotten used to it. The Pegatron motherboard is breakdown due to heat issues so the 5.16 Bios Upgrade assist to keep your motherboard cooler for the reason that it revs the fans up occasionally

If you have a BIOS version higher than 5.14, you will have this issue this is what I founded .It started by BIOS 5.16, and additional BIOS updates have contained this bug. After that upgrade, the CPU fan progresses cycling up and down frequently. Searching the internet with that BIOS figure, I establish frequent reference to an obvious "bug" in the upgrade. On BIOS 5.14 can somebody to cure this issue .

I have BIOS 5.18 moreover my fan had been running fast this for months. I called HP to acquire a replacement when it was in warranty and they provide me the run around saying it was okay. I now have an issue with my brand new HD not being familiar under f9 even though f10 shows it. So does this signify the motherboards is just no good and needs to be replaced or are there fixes for this faulty MB?

I am experiencing the same ssue after applying the Motherboard update (5.16) using the HP Update feature on the weekend. Now I hear the fan rev up and down constantly. Very annoying. We require to keep on HP to repair this issue. Hopefully HP will recognize this and confess there is a issue. Let's stay on them.

I had this similar issue with my P6320Y which has the M2N78-LA motherboard. following I installed the bios update, my fan was extremely noisy plus varying speeds. I opened up my tower and establish that the processor fan had many of dust built up at the back of it. I take away the dust and that look as if to have resolve the issue. Be certain to check your processor fan cautiously and clean it carefully. I was capable to make use of canned compressed air although the dust was jammed on very bad and it took a few try to clean it up. An air compressor may be required in a few cases. I anticipate this may assist others with this issue. I don't familiar with how the update comes in to play in this mess but cleaning the fan fixed the issue for me. Give it a try

I think It is not dust because mine is clean and it is because the BIOS update. I observe it right after restart after installing the update. This is HP's responsibility and should give a patch asap. this is more than irritating and it has screwed up, what was, a entirely performing computer. does anyone else have the similar issue. in the previous few days, there have been many folks with the similar complaint. i should not have to use any time on this....this was an update that was given to me by hp itself . please repair it

this is not resolve and I feels its is not dust either . it was regarding the update to the bios. the PC sound similar to a jet plane right away after restart from the update. PC has been dusted as well as cleaned.

I've just had the computer about 3 hours on, installing windows 7, drivers, etc.The temperature was around 77C. This weekend it was 100C then the fan went mad put it down to 91C and then after 2 min. up to 100C. After cleaning the motherboard, removing the dust. Everything seems to be OK.

I think this solved the issue.