Thread: HP Compaq d530 gives 5 Beeps and wont starts

HP Compaq d530 gives 5 Beeps and wont starts

hi guys I need help on this actually when I tried to start my HP Compaq d530 it just blinking light and give 5 beeps and was not starting . I am really worried and don’t know what to do. I did everything but not able to find any solution to this really frustrating. can anyone here help me on this I would be really be glad to know this thanks

Re: HP Compaq d530 gives 5 Beeps and wont starts

I have the similar problem HP Compaq d530 do not start. It gives about 5 beeps just for one second What to do ? I don't believe I've added any memory to it. How do you repair it's . The issue started after a usual operation yesterday before. Tried take out and re inserting every component of the mother board, as well as the ram chips. i'll attempt to take out and put in the ram chips although if this does not work, does it signify my ram chips are bad?

I have HP d530 and i contain a this same issue that while i turn it on, red light blinks five times constantly. Can someone tell me, where is the issue , in power supply or else motherboard? Because, while red light blinks constantly, motherboard do not start , Anyone can help ?

Tell me if it has the long beep then make sure your RAM , just cleaning RAM. And still the problem persist then there possibly issue with your ram try replacing your RAM. Or if it is a short beep then plus you have a display card installed the just see the display card it may have same issue

If I am not wrong 5 beeps is a memory issue. So what I suggest is take out every the memory modules, plus test them one by one and Keep going unless you receive the 5 beep code message once more with the faulty one in the PC the as you know take out that bad chip then buy a new.

Hey I need to ask I saw there are four RAM slot in the board an also there was one more slots which is on the side that contain nothing in it do you thing that might be the problem, beside I am planning to add one more RAM of 1 GB.

Yeah there will be just the y 4 memory slots on the board .and the other slot you are talking about is of maybe PCI slot or else the AGP add on video slot. I had this HP Compaq d530 pc which I sold away and I can tell it has only 4 slots available for the RAM