Thread: Dell Optiplex GX280 CPU Fan running very high

Dell Optiplex GX280 CPU Fan running very high

I used old Dell Optiplex GX280 desktop pc and now i found that this desktop pc cpu makes more noise. WHen i try to boot it and start to do some work on it, suddenly it cpu fan make noise. After sometime, it stops working and freezes up. i need useful suggestions for solving this problem. Thanks for information that solve my problem.

Re: Dell Optiplex GX280 CPU Fan running very high

Can you check that is there any cable cutted or connected with the cpu fan?? if something like that happen on your desktop pc, you need to avoid such thing. Its necessary for you. For getting design of this desktop pc, you can see the manual. Hence try this with the help of manual. ALso this forum helps to you for getting its correct design. Then use it and check its output.

You can here choose the speed fan type of program. SUch program works to control fan speeds according to system temperatures. Hence use it and check your system result after that. Its even better for you to fix your desktop pc problem by using such program.

Same problem on my desktop pc. Then i never used any unnecessary work on it. Replace the noisy fan with a quiet one...problem solved. Thus, i recommend for replace your desktop pc cpu fan and then check its output. I'm sure you can catch the better output and avoid such fan noise.

Continuously getting rumbling noises, might bee happens sometimes because of refrigerator magnets on the side of the case. If you have use any magnet device near to this case, avoid it. Its well for you to do it for better result. With the help of this removing any attached magnetic device around the CPU case, will also helpful here. Hence try this and check fan speed. It might be helpful for you.

Same thing happen on my system. Then i used simple process. I turn it off and replugged everything and its cable connection including the ram and the cpu. Then I re-installed the CPU with new paste, plugged it in correct slot. Also i reinsert the ram slot on correct slot. Now it worked just fine. SO, you can also try this on your system. It helps you a lot.