Thread: Not able to update Asus GTX570 bios that improves stability under DX11 Games

Not able to update Asus GTX570 bios that improves stability under DX11 Games

I am using Asus GTX570 and I have found that I am getting better stability with the furmark as compared to the Heaven DX11, so I thought that this might be something to do with the DX11 stability in the bios, I have searched and found new bios for improving the stability under DX11 Games but then I don’t know why I am not able to update to it. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??

Re: Not able to update Asus GTX570 bios that improves stability under DX11 Games

I am using Asus GTX570 and I have found that I am getting better stability with the furmark as compared to the Heaven DX11, so I thought that this might be something to do with the DX11 stability in the bios, I have searched and found new bios for improving the stability under DX11 Games but then I don’t know why I am not able to update to it. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??
    Before I suggest you something about this I will like to know that which version of bios are you having?? From which site you are trying to get the update for your bios?? Is it a third party site or you are trying to get the update from the official website?? If you were trying to download it from any other website then I will suggest you to first get the updates for your bios from the official asus site and see if you are able to update it or not?? Just try it out and then let me know what you get.

Re: Not able to update Asus GTX570 bios that improves stability under DX11 Games

No I am not trying to get the update from any third part site but then I have been doing the same form official site of the asus, I am having bios version 70.10.38.00.03 But then I am not able to update to the latest version from the site above,is there anything that I might have been missing and so??

I don’t think that there should be any problem if you are getting the bios update from the official site but then if you are still having such problem then I will suggest you to use the following programs and see if they are helping you out or not:
    • .exe updater
    • GPU Tweaker

I have tried to use both of them and here is the result:
    • .exe updater- says "Your graphic card of current system don't mach this VBIOS."
    • GPU Tweaker- says "Your system is up to date"

I have also found that the GPU Tweaker shows 70.10.38.00.AS01 where as I am having 70.10.38.00.03 according to GPU-Z, I really don’t know what’s going on, is there any other workaround that I can try out?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I just wanted to share that the Furmark is really not a better choice for the latest GPU's as they are having some kind of powerdraw which is triggered by the drivers,as far as the DX11 bios is concerned I will like to add that the it is nothing but a higher 3D voltage, I have found that most of the vendors are setting the default voltage to low, so when we play games such as crysis2 in dx11 the games result in crashes and so and they have come up with DX11 stability bios versions to avoid such issues. I will suggest you to use Afterburner in order to raise the 3D voltage ro you can also try to mod the bios as well, as modding is a complicated task I will suggest you to better refer to some guide for the same. Hope that helps.

I am aware of the afterburner and I have been using the same for setting the over clocking profiles, even I have checked about the same and I have found that the new bios is basically for the volt increase and now I don’t think that I actually need it. As far as the Furmark and the HeavenDX11 is concerned I won’t be using Furmark for stability from now but I will still stay with the HeavenDX11 and 3DMark11, anyways thanks to you for you for your help so far, I really appreciate it.