Thread: Suggestion for LGA 1155 Board with SLI/CrossFire Support

Suggestion for LGA 1155 Board with SLI/CrossFire Support

I am searching for some affordable LGA 1155 motherboard which is having the Crossfire Support. It will be good if this is having the overclocking options. So, can you suggest me that if there is some boards which fits in the $120 range. I will appreciate if anyone of you can give me any suggestion for this. Please reply as soon as possible.

Re: Suggestion for LGA 1155 Board with SLI/CrossFire Support

My suggestion to you is to keep away from the gigabyte boards for now. I am telling you this because there are many of their board which is facing the boot loop issue and this is not solved yet. So I am asking you this. This is just my suggestion for you.

There is another good option for you that is MSI Z68A-GD65 G3 and this will cost you about $150. The motherboard Z68A-GD65 (G3) is the first card that offers PCI-Express third generation. The advantage is bandwidth, which is doubled as compared to the older generation (32 GB / 16 GB / s PCI-Express 2.0). This significant increase allows the motherboard to be already prepared to accommodate future monsters graphics. By investing in the Z68A-GD65 (G3) now prepares your machine for years to come.

Yes, I am also agree that MSI Z68A-GD65 G3 is the best for you. With DrMOS system this motherboard is full of technologies that will allow less heat to your configuration (technology XpressCool) using less energy (GreenPower technology) while providing a more stable and robust (technology RapidBoost) performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinapati View Post
    I am searching for some affordable LGA 1155 motherboard which is having the Crossfire Support. It will be good if this is having the overclocking options. So, can you suggest me that if there is some boards which fits in the $120 range. I will appreciate if anyone of you can give me any suggestion for this. Please reply as soon as possible.
    You are asking for a decent z68 motherboard in $150 and I think that this is pretty hard to find in this budget. There are many better motherboard out there but that will cost you much and will not fit in your budget and so there is no suggestion for you. But if you raise the budget then I can tell you some of the good boards available. By that time, you can take a look to this thread and see if you can get something helpful over here.

You can also consider the MSI P67A-G43 (B3) as an option for you. Here is the specification for this.

Essential Specifications
    • Manufacturer: MSI
    • Socket: LGA 1155
    • Chipset: Intel P67
    • Memory Slots: 4x DDR3
    • Memory Channels: Dual channel

Secondary Specifications
    • Format: ATX
    • Integrated graphics: It has
    • Integrated Audio: 8 channels
    • Video Ports: It has
    • Power Ports: 1x 24-pin / 1x 8-pin (MB)
    • SLI Support: No
    • CrossFire Support: No
    • RAID Support: Yes

Connectors:
    • 3 2x SATA (6.0 Gb / s)
    • 4x SATA II (3.0 Gb / s)

Ports:
    • 1x PS / 2 (Double)
    • 1x RJ45
    • 1x S / PDIF (coaxial)
    • 1x S / PDIF (optical)
    • 8x USB 2.0
    • 2x USB 3.0

Expansions:
    • 2x PCI
    • 3x PCI Express 2.0 x1
    • 2x PCI Express 2.0 x16

I am not sure that if MSI is having the horrible graphical uefi bios interface now also and that was the worst part about that. I am unaware that if it is still there or not. If it is solved then going for any of the MSI board will not trouble you.

Thank you so much to all of you for giving such a quick reply on this. This thread has become very informative for any user if he/she is searching for the same.