Thread: Ram slot/Stick disappear frequently

Ram slot/Stick disappear frequently

I am having some problem with the Ram slot/Stick. Actually, it disappears frequently. Once that happens then I get some beeping noise from the system but I am not able to start the system again. I am unsure that this is the problem with the slot or with the RAM stick but I am not able to get this issue solved. Once this happens then I have to remove the RAM from the slot and then insert that back to its place and when I do that then it starts working again. Can you guess that what could be the reason behind this issue. I have tried with all the things that I know to get this solve but none of them helped me and so I am posting this over here so that I can get some suggestion from you people. If you have some idea about this then please let me know about that. I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: Ram slot/Stick disappear frequently

This is really a weird behaviors and I am not able to guess that what can be the reason for this problem. but then also as for as I think that the problem might be with the RAM stick. If you wish to confirm that then you must try to run the module in some other slot and see if that solve the problem for you. This is the only thing that I can suggest you.

I don’t think that there is any need to check for this. This is surely the problem with the slot. I am saying this because this would be the RAM problem then it would never work but as you said that it start working again when you reinsert it properly.

Just check that what is the temperature of the system when this happens. As this could be because of the overheating issue. I know that there are vey less chances of this but you can still have a look at this to confirm this. If this is because of overheating then you must confirm that first as that can cause some other major issues with this. If this is the overheating issue then you can use some cooling system to solve this. so see for this possibility and reply back so that we ca n move on to some other solution for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Battista View Post
    Just check that what is the temperature of the system when this happens. As this could be because of the overheating issue. I know that there are vey less chances of this but you can still have a look at this to confirm this. If this is because of overheating then you must confirm that first as that can cause some other major issues with this. If this is the overheating issue then you can use some cooling system to solve this. so see for this possibility and reply back so that we ca n move on to some other solution for this.
    Thank you for the replies but this is not the problem of overheating as the temperature of the system is normal. There is surely some problem with the RAM stick or the slot. I tried on different slot as well but the problem was the same. Please tell me that what can be the reason for this.

If you want then you can try with the MemTest and this will give you idea that whether the problem is with the ram or not. This is the best thing that you can do in such condition. Good Luck!!!

If lose connection is not the problem then you can try by updating the BIOS to the latest version of it available. See if this can solve the problem for you.