Thread: Why Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 is freezing randomly?

Why Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 is freezing randomly?

I don’t from where should I start to ask the issue which I am getting over here. Well I am having Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3. From past few days I have noticed that the computer of mine getting freezing randomly. Let me know if you are having any specific solution to make the thing working for me. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: Why Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 is freezing randomly?

To get the root cause of the issue you have to provide following details.
    Which operating system do you have installed?
    What is the hardware configuration of the computer?
    Tell me about the version of the BIOS as well drivers which you have installed on the computer.
    Is there any changes on the computer?

Looking at the situation I recommend that you should test the memory which you have installed on the computer. I am suggesting that you should get the latest version of Memtest86+ from the official website. If you are getting an error than that particular memory module is having an issue and you have replaced that particular module.

I think there is need of CMOS reset on the computer. you will need to use following steps to perform CMOS reset on the computer.
    • You have to enter into BIOS setup and go for CMOS setup.
    • Now you have to look for the load the fail-safe defaults option or something like that.
    • Once you have found the same you have to select the same and press Y for Yes.
    • After loading of the default value you have to Save and Exit.

You can also use the following steps to resolve the problem which you have stated over here.
    1. You have to remove the power cable from mains supply and after that you will need to press the power switch so that all the residual energy would be drained from the PSU capacitor.
    2. After that you have to remove the motherboard battery for an hour and insert the same.
    3. Once you have done with the same you have to plug the mains supply and boot the computer.
    4. Finally enter into BIOS by pressing DEL from the keyboard and you have to load Optimised BIOS Defaults.

Well I doubt with the PSU which you are having on the computer. I am wondering that PSU is doing something with the HDD which you are having. If the hard disk of yours is supposed to fail then the power supply which you are having is not good at all. You should get any other power supply and see whether the thing is working or not.
    I have visited the official site and I have managed to get the there is need of at least 500 Watt PSU for the motherboard of yours.

Do you have installed the latest version of BIOS on the computer? if you have not done the same than you should visit the official website of the motherboard manufacturer and look for the latest version of the BIOS. Also you should download and install the latest version of motherboard drivers on the computer.

I wanted to tell you that you should format Windows and update the same with the Windows update.

If none of the above mentioned solutions are failing to give desired results than I am suggesting that you should contact the technical support team and get the further assistance on this particular matter.