Thread: Does 1 PCI slot in Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 Motherboard is only for graphic card?

Does 1 PCI slot in Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 Motherboard is only for graphic card?

HI, I am having Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 Motherboard and have some doubts regarding the ports available on it. As the title implies please let me know whether the x16 PCI slot is for graphic cards only or could I make use of it for a frame grabber card while using the onboard video? Any suggestion regarding the same will be esteemed. Thanks.

Re: Does 1 PCI slot in Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 Motherboard is only for graphic card?

No i don’t think the ports are such specific ! i mean to you can simply make use of any PCI card in any of the slot. But still if you want a surest assurance for the same you can simply ask to the tech support staff for the same.

Re: Does 1 PCI slot in Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 Motherboard is only for graphic card?

No i don’t think the ports are such specific ! i mean to you can simply make use of any PCI card in any of the slot. But still if you want a surest assurance for the same you can simply ask to the tech support staff for the same.
    No i am agree with the above user, and i would like to suggest you the same thing as you can make use of any PCIe card in any slot. The only thing is that a number of are faster than others, but in your case go ahead.

In other words if suppose you wanted to make use of “frame grabber card” then also you can make use of it.

exactly in fact I haven’t ever heard about any such model which could tell you about the same like whether the port on the motherboard is used only for specific purpose only..no doubt i am not talking about the specific port, i mean to say if the port is meant for any particular hardware then obviously you can make use of that hardware only otherwise it may cause damage to any other hardware’s as well.

Though i am agree with the above user but still you should be aware as You can only use the onboard video with the right CPU.

exactly in fact I haven’t ever heard about any such model which could tell you about the same like whether the port on the motherboard is used only for specific purpose only..no doubt i am not talking about the specific port, i mean to say if the port is meant for any particular hardware then obviously you can make use of that hardware only otherwise it may cause damage to any other hardware’s as well.
    Hey thanks for the suggestion but still the thing is like computer can boot with the card at PCI E slot near the CPU, and both windows and Linux works fine but if I moved the card to the PCI E farer away, the broad just give a 1 long 2 short beep signaling graphic card problem and load the operating system as usual with a blank screen. In fact the worst thing is like i have to momorize a all the keys needed to turn it off. That is really challenging Because the slot near CPU is not fine for cooling as what i believe, I am bearing in mind to make use of the farer slot. But the motherboard seems just doesn’t working the way it should suppose to work.

Yeah you are right actually it happens sometimes , and if i could explain this thing in theory, the should be something like the slot should support the card as long as it has enough bandwidth.

But happens as certain slots come into view to be x16 but genuinely connections are a x4 or x8. All GPUs should work in an x8 slot but maybe not an x4. I have heard before that certain boards don't look like to support graphics cards in the lower slots but I can't say why that should be, thus it might be possible like it must be appearing 16x but it isn’t actually.