Thread: How to configure xorg on Intel HD 3000 Graphics

How to configure xorg on Intel HD 3000 Graphics

My friend is using Thinkpad T420 laptop. This board has Intel HD 3000 onboard graphics. I want some help to cnofigure xorg on this. I had tried but it is not working. I think the graphic it has is enough to run xorg. I had seen the minimum system requirement where I found that Xorg will nicely work on the onboard graphics. Is there anyone who is able to use this things.

This is not a graphic issue. There might be some other problem. It is essential that you must go for a guide which shows you simple setup procedure for adding xorg on your system. It can be related to the hardware also. I had see different procedure available on the web about this thing. I had never tested xorg. But I had heard about various bugs involved in it. You must simply try out a more simple process that is typically designed for windows.

If you need a alternative for that then you can go for Xming. This is quiet similar to xorg and is extremely lightweight in usage. You can use this on latest version of windows also. It is small and fast. The installation is very easy here. It does not any any specific hardware needs. You just have to install the same and done. You will get the kind of output you are looking for. Compare to windows, it is quiet easier to configure this on linux.