Thread: New motherboard suggestions for Solaris 11 Express server

New motherboard suggestions for Solaris 11 Express server

Could not find any help from my friends and also from net as well. So that’s when I decided to take some help from you all for the same. so it would be better if you can help me out with the motherboard suggestions for this particular server. Actually I am thinking that I would go with the AMD board but in case if you all have some other suggestions in your mind then please do give me some help on the same that would be better for me. So this is what I want to say here. if you all have some help about the same then please do reply accordingly on the same that would be better for me. This is what I want to say here. I am waiting for the response from your side.

Re: New motherboard suggestions for Solaris 11 Express server

Quote Originally Posted by N@tty.Geo View Post
    Could not find any help from my friends and also from net as well. So that’s when I decided to take some help from you all for the same. so it would be better if you can help me out with the motherboard suggestions for this particular server. Actually I am thinking that I would go with the AMD board but in case if you all have some other suggestions in your mind then please do give me some help on the same that would be better for me. So this is what I want to say here. if you all have some help about the same then please do reply accordingly on the same that would be better for me. This is what I want to say here. I am waiting for the response from your side.
    Ok if you are planning to go with the AMD processor then I would suggest you to try with the AMD E-350, that would be the best option that I can give you as of now. That’s what I want to say here. yes the performance is not as better as Phenom II x4. But yes it would be very much affordable for you.

I am afraid that it will not work for me at all. So that is what I want to say here. Now what I am saying is that I had already considered of getting the E-350 but after hearing from some of my techie friends they did not give a good review about this board at all. That’s what I want to say here. Overall I am thinking of getting 1 bootdrive and 5 drives in raid2. So that is what I am actually thinking of over here. so any other ideas that you all have for me then please do start suggesting me something. I am waiting for the replies from you all. So do reply accordingly on the same.

Dude I got the Motherboard JETWAY|JMA3-880GTV2-LF 880G for my Solaris big box and it is working well for me. So that’s what I want to say here. As of now I am trying to learn new things in that server but still the motherboard is acting good. I have no issues though far.

That’s what I want to say here. so here is my suggestion for you. Can try out that and let me know if it is worth for you.

Guys have anyone of you all have ever thought of making use of the AMD 870 motherboard? If not then give me some suggestions for the same. I have heard some good reviews about the same just want to confirm from you all if it is worth of it or not.

Yes you can go with that definitely since it supports SATA 6.0 Gbs and the onboard graphics is Radeon 6319. I am sure it would be a good choice for your system. So if you are also having the solaris express server then you can go with the same, that’s what I want to say here.