Thread: Voltage on AMD Phenom II X4 960T 3GHz 95W

Voltage on AMD Phenom II X4 960T 3GHz 95W

I have installed this new CPU on my motherboard. Everything works perfect with this motherboard but if i talk about the voltage, it acts like very strange. The problem is when the turbo boost enabled its 1,475V and when the turbo boost disabled its 1,35V. On the other hand if I enable cool&quiet Everest displays 1.3V and it wont go down to this point. This seems to me that there is no way i can get less than 1.2 or 1.1v.

Re: Voltage on AMD Phenom II X4 960T 3GHz 95W

The problem is that the active bio cool & quiet. and CPUZ tells me too the time that this "not cool & quiet. or the high voltage (higher than normal, like when TURBO CORE (3 cores to 18X to 1.45V when the CPU is a high stress)) or 16X tells me a 1.458-1.4-1.47 voltage and at any time (when I'm using a low speed and much lower phenomenon I've seen the voltage (in a couple of occasions I've seen if low speed about X800 Mhz) amd overdrive install SI and this tells me that the current is 1.35 Vcore ... which is normal for X16.

Try changing the power options -> Advanced Settings "Minimum processor state" leave it at 5%, sometimes covers and therefore does not cool & quiet.

No idea but I would on the other hand, little surprised, if you can design a model and two or three types of processors can sell it then you can save a lot of money on development. So in that AMD is sometimes quite simply good hexa-core work to which they naturally want the highest possible yield and do everything to the hexa-cores to produce error-free.

Of course the numbers made but I think I was not very far from it will sit. Finally, AMD has in this way the new step in overclocking found where Intel to make do with slightly faster processors that are also slightly more cost well to overclocking, has AMD cheaper processors that are not only good to overclock, but also again with a little luck can contain 50% more cores.
    I think it's not that AMD is sad that more and more motherboard manufacturers with a UCC-like solution coming up, it can only interested in the cores, but AMD fan and the fact that here by slightly less hexa-core will be sold are not that bad the extra quad-cores that they sell makes loss'll be all right.

The CPU socket AM3 supports DDR3 1333 MHz on two channels. As might be expected, it is possible to reactivate two dormant cores (and thus transform the quad-core in hex-core). This processor requires between 1.05 and 1.45 volt voltage, and its TDP is 95 watts.

If a lot of demand for the quad cores and the yields are good, AMD will have no alternative than a few cores off. Although it sometimes happens because of bad cores, it is usually solved by a higher voltage to set the BIOS. 9 times out of 10 resolves this potential instability.

When at least appeared that AMD is not that happy with it, which is quite understandable because in a way you can performance products, the quad cores not sell.

I wonder what will happen here, I think it is a repeat of last time, or AMD is now already well intervention and well off the cores.