Thread: Need to upgrade from AMD Phenom II 965 to 1100T Black Edition

Need to upgrade from AMD Phenom II 965 to 1100T Black Edition

There is a huge disappointment after hearing the delay new of AMD Bulldozer release. Now i cannot wait any more. Somehow i need to got for a temporary solution by upgrading my system processor. I am looking forward to get the AMD 1100T because currently i am using AMD Phenom 965. What do you say?

Re: Need to upgrade from AMD Phenom II 965 to 1100T Black Edition

For now it is very suitable to play a processor, because current games do not support all six cores, today, would agree to take a x4 (then quad core) with higher frequency, such as the Phenom II X4 965 to 3.4GHz, which would be brighter

It is not correct, the 1100T is a core 3.7ghz with turbo (which is activated with 95% of the game, and you can force with the remaining 5 %).... is currently the flagship desktop processor amd, and is superior to others in the game and everything else. In fact, many games still do not take more than the 3 cores, but the core in the future can always go back to comfortable, although right now I will also be directed to a 'i5 2400.

The Phenom II X6 1100T is a Black Edition model, which means bringing the multiplier unlocked. Because of this, increase the frequency of the microprocessor is as simple as increasing the value of the multiplier in the BIOS, and obviously the voltage up a bit.
    AMD does not recommend increasing the voltage above 1.4v, but we have wanted to take it a step further and have climbed to 1.5v. We have also proceeded to disable the Turbo Core BIOS, otherwise the system was unstable.

AMD will not stop working, and lucky for all users' line of work is good and who is able to provide a process as comprehensive as the new Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition. This processor does not stand only having 6 cores or unlocked multiplier, but also has Turbo CORE technology that allows up to 3 processor cores get up to 3700MHz for winning performance in single-thread applications. In our tests, the 1100T has been shown to have a great power in any situation, and even their ability to overclock has left us stunned to be able to reach 300MHz HT bus and a maximum frequency of 4.4 GHz An absolute beast overclocker or any advanced user will appreciate as it deserves.

I would bet on an AM3 mobo +. Basically because the price is almost identical to normal AM3 motherboards but guarantees future upgrades with the new Bulldozer, and the latest chipset (990).

When compared to the Phenom II X4 on tests that take advantage of the new 6-core obviously Phenom II X6 1100T shown intractable. However, when we play there's a little bit of everything and depends on the title in question: it is common to see the Phenom II X4 970 very close and in most cases slightly above logically, since few games can take advantage of both core . But thanks to the Turbo Core in some cases it is triggered and causes the processor we're testing today left in the first place. We were surprised with the results of HAWX. A consumption level of the Phenom II X6 1100T is the processor that consumes more under load, while in rest or get a few watts CNQ achieved under other models. The poor results in consumption of Phenom II X4 955 is explained as one of the first models and therefore incorporate a revision older.

AMD phenom x6 are not a gamer CPUs. Games of this time may not appeal to all core programs so you get huge performance loss. If you want to play with a tog AMD system I suggest an AMD Phenom II X4 970 and then you again in the distant future upgrade to a hexacore.

We cannot deny that AMD has managed to reach a high level when it comes to polish your current architecture and the last refers speed increases without a significant increase in consumption show us that this is a refined manufacturing process and robust. Unfortunately the current architecture is insufficient to fight one on one with the Intel processors, especially against the Core i7 6-core, and some of 4, but that AMD has the advantage of price-controlled and therefore enjoy a good price / performance, and if that does not look exactly to this model, their arrival and the consequent fall in prices of other Phenom II X6 say it does allow this

Not right now at this same time and having an i7 budget like that, I would go to 2600K or 2500K for if you want a little cheaper, I prefer AMD. Wait a few months and see the bulldozer to see if we are lucky before Christmas.