Thread: High load temperature on AMD Phenom II 1090T

High load temperature on AMD Phenom II 1090T

I have build my system 3 month ago and have noticed when putting CPU under full load using prime95 my temperature rises to 64*C. Now I acquire stock clock voltages. Using stock CPU fan that came along with CPU. Few days
    ago running identical test, fan speed went up to 5000 rpm.Now its top pace seems to be 3444 RPM which doesn’t keep CPU below 60*C

My configuration

• Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
    • Gold XTC OCZ3G1333LV4G
    • Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E x16
    • 2x 1TB Western Digital Caviar "Blue" hard drives

Re: High load temperature on AMD Phenom II 1090T

The stock HSF that comes with your CPU is intended to manage the emperature of your CPU under "typical" environmental situation. The majority softwares out there do not make use of all 6 cores of your CPU at the similar time, or evenly. Prime95 is a stress-test/benchmark utility designed to check constancy of your core components (CPU/NB/Memory) and naturally the only time that desires to be tested is when OC'ing. Along with that, one should by no means try to OC a CPU with the stock HSF mounted per my original statement.

As to the rpm dissimilarity from times past and what you are currently considering there can be numerous causes to this; i.e., ambient temperature difference, HSF becoming congested with dust, poor placement of the case to permit for appropriate circulation of air, dust covering the motherboard sensors, fan beginning to fail, transform in BIOS, change in power management settings either inside the OS or the BIOS/UEFI, flash to a dissimilar BIOS/UEFI version.

With RAM giving it less voltage than it requests is the same as giving it too much which can consequence in injure. I'll almost certainly not touch the voltages anyways. I'm just inquisitive.lso, I know Prime stresses the CPU however; wouldn't standard programs that make use of the CPU at 100% do the same thing? I was doing several video encoding a while back & it was using my CPU at 70% which made the temeratures go up to 55-57*C anyways.

We require figuring out what is causing you troubles. Turbo can be part of the trouble. Should you require disabling turbo, no, however once more if we find that in doing so it maintains your temps better then that is a plus. Ideally, replacing your stock cpu HSF will assist you a lot, let's face it. HSF that comes with your CPU is not extremely superior.

I typically lock in my voltage at 1.4v for a stock clock with turbo, although you might discover that you can run at a lower voltage. I don't like playing with the RAM too much .to obtain that locked in at the rated spec that is on the sticker that is on the RAM stick.

Even with video encoding you are not stressing all cores at 100%, Prime95 that was my point, don't read into it. Your cables aren't that awful and the whole thing looks pretty clean, superior job! You could wrangle the cables a little superior so that you are not creating air flow turbulence nevertheless I don't observe that giving you a significant drop in temperatures.

My best advice for you would be to swap out the stock CPU HSF for something disciplined. You can discover a lot of top performer. Don't be anxious about the "Intel" tag in the title. Most aftermarket coolers either come with adapter plates for AMD motherboards or offer you the alternative to pay for them disjointedly.

I've heard the Phenom IIs are a bit over volted. On the other hand, would undervolting it damage the CPU? With RAM giving it fewer voltage than it requirements is the same as giving it too much which can result in break. I'll almost certainly not touch the voltages anyways. I'm just inquisitive.

Voltage is safe as long as it is not crashing your system and keeping it below the CPU's rated max temperature, in your matter 62C should be superior to go! on the other hand we like to maintain our CPU temperature below 55C just to be secure