Thread: DDR3 memory only works at 1080Mhz speed on Intel DX58SO

DDR3 memory only works at 1080Mhz speed on Intel DX58SO

I used Intel Desktop board DX58SO with core i7-920 cpu. I used 3GB RAM and 1333Mhz on this system but when i check the speed of this ram , i found that this memory only works at the 1080Mhz speed. i didn't understand that even the capacity of the ram speed is between 1333Mhz to 1600Mhz, it only runs at 1080Mhz speed. Can anyone describe what things is being arrives on it? I used Kingston 3GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM memory any kind of task on this computing system. Any help is must for me. Thanks.

Re: DDR3 memory only works at 1080Mhz speed on Intel DX58SO

There is simple reason behind this issue. as far as i read some thing about it and i found something interesting about it. The memory controller in the I7-920 will only support 1066Mhz memory. If you want to check the ram works at higher range or not, simply you need to insert this RAM with processor that compatible to run at 1333MHz or higher speed rate. This is well for you.

One options is being available that works to set the memory speed at its higher speed. try to overclock your CPU to run your RAM at its faster speed. This is the way that definitely works to fix your memory speed problem. Try this and check its details on your system. But remember one thing that this is very risky task and you need to perform it on very well manner with expert guidance. if you not follow proper rule it will be goes to negative stage. Be careful about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiejohn View Post
    One options is being available that works to set the memory speed at its higher speed. try to overclock your CPU to run your RAM at its faster speed. This is the way that definitely works to fix your memory speed problem. Try this and check its details on your system. But remember one thing that this is very risky task and you need to perform it on very well manner with expert guidance. if you not follow proper rule it will be goes to negative stage. Be careful about it.
    RivaTuner is a programs used for overclocking GPUs. One of the best thing about is that it helps to improve the ram speed. You need to simply use this program on your system. this is best for you to fix your complex issue. You need to simply download and install this program. Then run it and perform overclokcing and ram speed improvement task on it. This is well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Battista View Post
    RivaTuner is a programs used for overclocking GPUs. One of the best thing about is that it helps to improve the ram speed. You need to simply use this program on your system. this is best for you to fix your complex issue. You need to simply download and install this program. Then run it and perform overclokcing and ram speed improvement task on it. This is well for you.
    In that situations, you simply try to check the descriptions about this RAM. you have to be found some intresting things on it. For doing this task, you need to read the manual of the RAM. YOu found such ram manual with the help of officia kingston site. I hope that the RAM manual has been describe all the things about its speed. It also describe the kinds of structure is being presetns on this system. YOu need to check this things. This is well for you.