Thread: LAN regularly disconnects in Intel 82579V motherboard.

LAN regularly disconnects in Intel 82579V motherboard.

i previously used P8P67 B2 and one more motherboard. i had computers which were working properly when connected by means of the switch (not hub). i am using now Intel 82579V motherboard and i have replaced the lead to no avail. Have even used the same lead in several other computers working fine for me. however, there are problems occurring as the LAN regularly disconnects and reconnects after 30 seconds later. it prompts loose connection to LAN and thereafter the problem arises. if you suggest some means to do, it will be great pleasure.

Re: LAN regularly disconnects in Intel 82579V motherboard.

hi guys, i am making use of an Asus MB -P8P67 Pro and there are similar issues occurring on my side. under heavy usage ,NIC completely loses link and comes back online again . i am unable to get with it.

i think here in this case, the problem doesn't seem to be major and i will have a solution for it. for trying this, just disable the setting which is present in the box in the setting, and with this the system will stop checking for a newer driver . this will enable to boot faster for your machine, and you will find yourself ON LINE and much quicker if the system stops checking the driver every time on the machine.

in my case it worked finely. in your case ut will prove to be helpful if you do as i did.

I set it to be fixed at 1Gbps full duplex (before that it was auto negotiation and then went to 1GB), afterwards i made the dis ablation of interrupt moderation which was previously enabled and forced slave mode which was previously auto. I left the jumbo packets disabled which were in addition set as default.

there was a similar kind of problem, i tried with changing the cable as i had P8Z68V connected to 5-ports Netgear 1Gbit switch. there were several disconnects and this made me really frustrated. there are other systems based on Realtek NIC.s, which work with this switch without any problem. and according to me , the problem appears only when Intel 82579V is connected to Netgear.

as i came across this issue, i came to know that the issue is totally related to the NetGear Switch .at the time of the system wakes up from Sleep mode, on my system the Event Message seems to only get logged. i tried to install the 16.5 driver and there were some effects after this. i think that Intel is working or version 16.6 of the driver . after coming close to the problem, i just had a check of defective controller on the MB .

with the Intel 82579V NIC, i have this problem solved with some extent. it made me concerned that an update to either Windows or the drivers caused this.
    the steps which i can suggest can be as follows.
    1) try with turning off the automatic updates
    2) make an Uninstallation of any current Intel drivers or can uninstall the NIC.
    3) try to have install of original drivers with the help of computer CD, and don't try with the newer/downloaded Intel drivers. then make installing of the "updated" Intel drivers there were 4 or 5 Intel programs in program list.
    4) afterwards , turn off IPv6 and to do this, in the Control Panel>> Network & Sharing >>Change Adapter Settings>>right click Properties>>uncheck "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)">>OK .
    5) then try to open regedit and move to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}. and then Edit>>New>>DWord (32 bit)>>call it DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle>>right click>>modify>>set value to 1>>OK.
    6) finally, make a Restart, check the assurity for the present of the registry entry.

there were problems on my side also. but i recovered with those problems, i seem that those looking for perfect solution could have a look in it.try by lowering your link speed / duplex one step at a time and see if you are able to establish a stable connection or not.set the NIC for 10mbps HALF duplex. begin with 1gb Full duplex, and it would not able to connect by no means. after this switch to 100mbps full duplex, and it will come to notice that a little better difference will arise when the setting was at Auto Negotiation. then set it for 100 half, and it will appear to be better. set it for 10 half, and it will appear to be stable for 20 min or more than that finally. and you will get continues fix for your problem.

there could be related issues with it. here in this case, there can be a cabling issue.and if you try by moving things closer together using known good cables , there could be problems sorted.

the problems i was having was at 100mbps full duplex, and there seems to be no interest to work at 10mbps device.