Thread: Computer hangs due to USB Controller while starting windows on MSI Z68-GD65

Computer hangs due to USB Controller while starting windows on MSI Z68-GD65

From last some days I am experiencing problem with my computer. In my computer have MSI Z68-GD65 motherboard and i have installed windows 7 operating system in my computer. When I start the computer at that time it works properly till windows logo and then system hangs.

But when I turn of the USB controller from BIOS at that time it works properly. Please tell me what I should do to fix this solution.

Re: Computer hangs due to USB Controller while starting windows on MSI Z68-GD65

I have read the problem which you are facing in your computer and first thing I will suggest you is disconnect all the USB device from your computer and then start your computer and then check whether same problem occurring or not. if problem does not occurs after that then it means any of the USB device like mouse, keyboard or another device which you have connected is causing this issue. Now you should connect device one by and start computer after connecting each device and when problem occurs again at that time you will come to know that the device which you have connected last is causing this issue.

Try this solution and then let me know whether your problem gets solved or not. if you need any more help then let me know.

Many times by clearing the CMOS also this type of problem can get solved. if you have not tried to solve this problem by clearing the CMOS then you should first clear the CMOS and after clearing the CMOS you have to check whether you are facing the same problem or not. I think after clearing the CMOS your problem will get solved.

I will suggest you to first go to the BIOS setting and then you have to enable the USB 3.0 and leave other USB controller disabled and then you have to start the computer and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not. you have to also check in the BIOS setting all the settings are proper. Many times because of the wrong settings also this type of problem can take place.

If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then you should try to solve this problem by updating the BIOS in your computer and I think updating the BIOS in your computer your problem will get solved. you have to first download the BIOS update file from the official site of the MSI and after downloading the BIOS update file you have to update the BIOS with the help of that and after updating the BIOS you have to check whether you are facing the same problem while starting the computer or not. As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

I have removed all the USB device from my computer and then I have start the computer and at that time I didn’t get any problem. Now when I plugged my USB keyboard at that time I get same problem again. I have tried to solve this problem by plugging the keyboard with different USB port but that doesn’t help me to solve this problem. now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem.

In my computer I was facing the similar problem then I first thought that by updating the BIOS I can solve this problem and then I have update the BIOS and after updating the BIOS also I was getting the same problem and then I have also tried to solve this problem by trying various tricks. Now after that I have disabled the external marvell SATA 3 controllers and then my problem get solved.

I think you should also try the same solution and then check whether it makes any difference or not.

Disconnect your keyboard from your computer and then you have to connect the keyboard with any other computer and after connecting the keyboard with any other computer you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. if you get the same problem after connecting the keyboard with any other computer then it means your keyboard is having some problem otherwise problem with your computer.

In the BIOS setting you should first disable the Legacy Controller and after that you have to enable the controllers and after enabling that you have to start the computer and then you have to check whether your computer starts properly or not. if you get the same problem after that then let me know. I hope you this information will be helpful for you.

If above solution does not help you and keyboard works properly with any other computer then you have to contact the MSI support and then you have to ask them about the USB controller issue in your system and then they will check your computer and they will give you proper solution and after that your problem will get solved.