Thread: Does AMD Phenom cpu works on MSI 880GM-E41

Does AMD Phenom cpu works on MSI 880GM-E41

I do not know if anyone is familiar with this MSI 880GM-E41 mainboard, but i want to here get information about this mobo. is this mobo compatible to run the AMD phenom processors onto there AM3+ socket?? Can anyone experience about this processor on MSI 880GM-E41? If yes, then share your experience here. This is helpful for me. thanks.

Re: Does AMD Phenom cpu works on MSI 880GM-E41

Yeah I have concern with many of friend and many of them are hardware engineer. They confirm that the AMD Phenom series processors has been comfortable to work with thsi motherboard. there is no problem to insert this CPu onto the socket of the mainboard. You can easily put such processors on that socket.

Quote Originally Posted by Himalayan View Post
    Yeah I have concern with many of friend and many of them are hardware engineer. They confirm that the AMD Phenom series processors has been comfortable to work with thsi motherboard. there is no problem to insert this CPu onto the socket of the mainboard. You can easily put such processors on that socket.
    I personally visit the official site of the MSI and there are list of the CPU presents that comfortably work with this motherboard. You can check this list with using official MSI site. In that list AMD Phenom II X2/X3/X4/X6 also presents. Hence i think this processors is being compatible with the mainboard that you used in this system. This is well for you.

There is possibility to put CPU on this mainboard that contains AM3+ socket. Any future AM3 CPU releases may require BIOS update for proper recognition of them. Yes, there is need to perform BIOS update task on this mainboard. This will be work to detect the processor that recently installed on your mainboard socket.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimbya View Post
    There is possibility to put CPU on this mainboard that contains AM3+ socket. Any future AM3 CPU releases may require BIOS update for proper recognition of them. Yes, there is need to perform BIOS update task on this mainboard. This will be work to detect the processor that recently installed on your mainboard socket.
    I used AMD Phenom II X2 processor on my MSI 880GM-E41 mainboard. It works well and it doesn't give kind of problem on this connections. Hence i don't thing that you faced any problem to put your processor on this mainboard. hence i would be suggets to you for select the AMD Phenom II X2 processor for your MSI board. This is well for you.

As per my own information, Phenom needs AM2+ socket and not supported on AM3 mainboard. hence be careful while you are doing any such kind of connection on your system. Confirm that should this works well or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiejohn View Post
    As per my own information, Phenom needs AM2+ socket and not supported on AM3 mainboard. hence be careful while you are doing any such kind of connection on your system. Confirm that should this works well or not.
    Thanks for such valuable reply. I contact the expert person of the MSI and they confirm me that this AMD Phenom series processors works well on this MSI 880GM-E41 mainboard. Hence i choose to put AMD Phenom II X6 processor on my mainboard. It works well now without any problem.