Thread: CPU core temperature went up to 97C on MSI 880GMS-E35

CPU core temperature went up to 97C on MSI 880GMS-E35

I use this MSI 880GMS-E35 mainboard with my AMD Athlon II x3 455 processor and 2x 2GB 1333 RAM presents on it. When i check the temp of CPU core i found that the temp goes upto 97C. I was using HWMonitor program to check CPU core temp. In that conditions i run a IntelBurnTest and the temperature went up to 97C. Any ideas why this program show temp at 97C. I think this is really ridiculous to the system that CPU work in 97C. Any information necessary to fix this complex issue is being helpful for me.

Re: CPU core temperature went up to 97C on MSI 880GMS-E35

You can try to check the same situation with an different program that showing the temp of this CPU core. This is better way to identify that the program shows correct reading or else. Core Temp is a compact, no fuss, small footprint program to monitor CPU temperature. Download Core Temp and check what temp they shows about this CPU core. This well for checking the correct temp on this system.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Reyes View Post
    You can try to check the same situation with an different program that showing the temp of this CPU core. This is better way to identify that the program shows correct reading or else. Core Temp is a compact, no fuss, small footprint program to monitor CPU temperature. Download Core Temp and check what temp they shows about this CPU core. This well for checking the correct temp on this system.
    Yes, i also suggest to use this technique and check that the other program shows what kind of temp related to this CPU. In normal conditions this AMD processors can't be work at such 97C temp. Hence i think either the program shows wrong temp of may be the system has been contains some problem. You can try to use this program and check its respective result for your system. this is well for you to identify and solve this problem.

If you already do any kind of serious work with this CPU, then might be it makes such issues. If you already put "Unlock CPU Core" enabled, set it back to Disabled mode. This is necessary and most of the cases, this unlocked CPU mode can be shows such unconditional CPU temperature for your system. Hence try this and check its result by testing the CPU temperature.

If you are not using the proper CPU cooler, it will be also effective for your system. In that case, i will be suggest to you for try to buy and use Arctic Cooling Freezer 13. Its mostly works well with this type of AMD processor on the MSI mainboard. The Freezer 13 PRO is hitting its position at the top of the cooler performance charts. I'm sure that this will be help to keep the temp as cool as possible. this is well and it will be help to fix your complex issue. Try to do this and check its respective result on your system. This is well for avoiding any heating type of issues on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimbya View Post
    If you are not using the proper CPU cooler, it will be also effective for your system. In that case, i will be suggest to you for try to buy and use Arctic Cooling Freezer 13. Its mostly works well with this type of AMD processor on the MSI mainboard. The Freezer 13 PRO is hitting its position at the top of the cooler performance charts. I'm sure that this will be help to keep the temp as cool as possible. this is well and it will be help to fix your complex issue. Try to do this and check its respective result on your system. This is well for avoiding any heating type of issues on it.
    Before doing any such kind of task on this system i would be request to you for check such CPu temp on CMOS setting of the BIOS. BIOS has been always shows the correct temp at the idle situations. You can try to read the reading that shows by the CMOS and use this temp reading for identify that problem is in system or program.

If you hold the System compatible FAN, i would be suggest to insert this system fan into CPU panel. try this with the help of the manual. perform the external CPU FAN addition task on this system. This will be work to keep the system as cool as possible. Hope that after this you got low temp of your CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim View Post
    If you hold the System compatible FAN, i would be suggest to insert this system fan into CPU panel. try this with the help of the manual. perform the external CPU FAN addition task on this system. This will be work to keep the system as cool as possible. Hope that after this you got low temp of your CPU.
    As per my own knowledge, this CPU Idle temp is at 38C-42C and which is extends to 60C. I think if this temp goes to 97C, then definatley it will be shut down. In that situations you need to check idle temp of CPU on BIOS. In the next step use official copy of temp monitoring program and calculate that what temp they shows when some complex programs ruinning on it. this will be work to fix your problem.

In such situations, if you found that some thing goes to the wrong situation on your mainboard, I'll be suggest to contact expert. if this processor gives heating type of problem, try to take advice from the expert and check that what problem should be arrived on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiejohn View Post
    In such situations, if you found that some thing goes to the wrong situation on your mainboard, I'll be suggest to contact expert. if this processor gives heating type of problem, try to take advice from the expert and check that what problem should be arrived on it.
    As per my experience, Either the CPU-cooler is not mounted properly or may be the "Unlock CPU Core" option enabled. You need to disable this option and use compatible CPU cooler for your system. This is well for fixing your complex issue on this system. try it and check what result arrives onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arun K View Post
    As per my experience, Either the CPU-cooler is not mounted properly or may be the "Unlock CPU Core" option enabled. You need to disable this option and use compatible CPU cooler for your system. This is well for fixing your complex issue on this system. try it and check what result arrives onto it.
    Thank you for trusting us! I insert new CPU cooler for my system and it will be work to fix my complex issue. Now my CPU works at the idle temperature.