Thread: MSI 970A-G45 shows Black screen when booting Windows 7

MSI 970A-G45 shows Black screen when booting Windows 7

My system specs:
    • Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium
    • MSI 970A-G45 AMD 970 Socket AM3+ Motherboard
    • Patriot 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
    • GIGABYTE GeForce GT 220 DDR3-1GB
    • AMD FX-6100 X6

After setting up the Windows 7 installltion went as normal. Everything is made. At the end one last restart to go and when it occurs the system shows black screen saying "Starting Windows" and stuck there. Now only black screen and nothing. I again manually restarted the system but still the same. what are the causes for this because i am going to check all the possible solution one by one.

Re: MSI 970A-G45 shows Black screen when booting Windows 7

That's "normal" when you have little RAM. When the system has sufficient memory, use the disk as "RAM". (Pagefile.sys) and obviously everything is slower. I recommend you disable all unnecessary programs that load at startup. It also disables unneeded services, thus reducing the memory consumption and CPU.

The flash back I've been thinking but I'm just not sure if it's really about it. Settings in the BIOS I've tried all sorts of things. Started everything to default settings and load fail. It does not aim to bring no pattern. Sometimes it starts as normal and you can work without what happened. Normally, but now, as said, not only the surface appears and the BSOD occurs after 4 or 5 minutes. Sometimes it is stable after the second start and sometimes not. In the context - I do not know whether it is normal or not, every time DreamScene is then switched off.

When you start pressing F8 and select "last known good version." Have you tried?

Ok I understand now that the operating system boots up properly but it is not loaded no taskbar, no desktop icons? If so then check whether the times in Task Manager lists the explorer.exe in the list because if not then it's no wonder! Then the possibility still remains under the Applications tab then clicking on the button and then click Task window there into the explorer.exe task to start it manually! When a repair is your data will remain so when reinstalling the hard disk will be formatted and thus all your data are gone!

Have the same problem. after installation, it takes a while, then switched off. completes power up and everything. then restarted again, then you can start windows 7 normal, but I get no picture after the windows logo. no signal is then cheer screen, and then all black. the ideas I'll try it now then. Restart in Safe mode leads to the demolition of the preparatory process for the start of the first, and then restart to a start does not help in low resolution.

Make sure that the CPU cooler is installed properly with thermal paste. All power connectors are plugged in? Bios reset?

If you have more ram sticks plug on it get only one time in and take the rest out. Also check the boot order in BIOS.

Microsoft has advised users of the existence of an issue that prevents Windows 7 is started after the computer on which you installed the operating system has been forced to close. According to the Redmond company, this problem affects 32-bit versions of all editions of Windows 7. The choice of the users are limited exclusively to shut down the OS. After the PC is turned off, users will find that will not start again. Microsoft said that the boot process would stop at a black screen , just that Windows 7 will not start.

There is a simple solution designed to allow users to retrieve the full functionality of Windows 7 , and return to a normal situation. All that users need to do is to boot your computer using Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) from a disk of Windows 7 . From that point the machine will enter normal mode will not be a problem. As an extreme case, you can also use a DVD of Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008. In addition, the Redmond company is providing a hotfix to help users of Windows 7 to prevent this situation from recurring in the future.

Scandisk will let you know what and how many clusters are damaged and can not find that the standard formatting. Now, again in your place, before any other thing I would do the scandisk, thorough, and if not just download a tool from the manufacturer to test the disk drive itself.