Thread: Does Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R is compatible with RAID 0 (SATA 3)

Does Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R is compatible with RAID 0 (SATA 3)

I'll be fitting Raid zero, SATA three for the primary time and i am hoping to induce some feedback. i'm going from one existing drive to 2, therefore i will be doing a recent install of Windows. Oddly there are only a few guides/information out there and no facilitate in any respect on Gigabytes web site currently once I run Atto benchmark there don't seem to be any speed-incease. The benchmark solely tells me i'm at regarding 450/210 MB/s Read/Write. This wud be OK if i ran one SSD, but I really Now, I've found out Raid on alot of SSD's and that they continuously provide me twice the speed when running Atto. Is there one thing I've done wrong? Or does not this MoBO support Raid between 2 SSD's that need SATA three I would be really glad to know this thanks in advance

Re: Does Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R is compatible with RAID 0 (SATA 3)

Even i'm facing constant downside i am attempting to run RAID zero on my laptop with a pair of identical 6Gb/s WD HDDs. this can be my 1st time making an attempt RAID thus please forgive my utter stupidity. There seem to be 3 doable driver sets and three doable management modes (XHD, IDE, and AHCI [maybe]). that is optimal? it'd even be useful for my learning expertise if I may perceive why, however if you are too busy to be ready to make a case for it to me it’s not necessary. what the heck is RAID 10? Thanks

You need the driving force that matches the ports to that you've got your drives plugged in. For best performance you wish them on the ICH. We'll would like details for additional of your setup - the other drives, plugged in where, board model variety, whether or not you've got a front-panel eSATA connector, et

Why does one wish to run raid-0? there's usually no real world performance advantage to raid of any kind. There are some specific applications which will profit, however gaming isn't one in all them. although you've got an application that reads one input file sequentially, and writes it out, you may perform regarding additionally by putting the input on one drive, and therefore the output on the opposite.

I too was experiencing random BSOD -with a raid1- on a X58A-UD3R , I checked everything, RAM , HD checks, I did a bios upgrade per week ago and this day my Raid1 system simply stopped operating, I booted an hour ago and rather than one drive Windows shows a pair of drives. at once i am creating a picture of my drive on a spare disk to be further certain i do not lose information, however when reading this post it's like there's a heavy issue with this MOBO,

Don't place it on the SATA III ports! they're NOT go any quicker than on the Intel SATA II ports. Intel has higher hold up anyhow. No difficult drive will saturate the SATA II bandwidth, still the "Max Speed three Gbps. Even my RAID zero array peaked at 150MBps, however, you've get to line up RAID in BIOS primary! put the SATA setting to RAID, after that ahead post, you may established the RAID array you wish, by inputting one thing to travel into RAID setup. The manual ought to describe this. Download the Intel RST nine.6 driver. the first drive as a part of Windows can work simply fine with an install, however then run the download to update the chipset driver. otherwise you will use it because the "third party driver" throughout install. however its additional difficult!

I don’t suppose that you just will use the SSDs reliably with the Marvell 9128 controller. harmful stuff can occur mainly if you are trying plus RAID them as well. The fastest and most dependable ports on the board are the Intel ICH10R Southbridge controlled one seven however they're formally SATA2.

Thanks for the reply i consider i am going to getting a raid PCI-e add-on card that supports SATA 3. Why will Gigabyte put this most horrible Marvell controller on their board? they cannot put up for deal a motherboard as well as maintain it supports SATA 3, although it doesn’t. It's false support i consider i am accomplishment to require my re-seller offer me the PCI-e add-on card for gratis

Thanks once more guys!