Thread: What is differences of Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 (rev. 1.3) and (rev. 1.0)

What is differences of Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 (rev. 1.3) and (rev. 1.0)

HYe all, i have bought the Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 rev1.0 and after that i found that there is (rev. 1.3) also. i am not getting here the differences between the rev 1.3 and 1.0 can here anyone tell me the difference between them??? please reply me back for that if anyone have the information about that and also reply me back here if anyone also searhcing for the same things.

Re: What is differences of Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 (rev. 1.3) and (rev. 1.0)

YEs, i know the big difference between rev 1.3 and 1.0. in both of them, the differences is the PCIE 3.0. in the Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 (rev. 1.3), it is having the "Dual PCI Express 3.0. and also you can see this in the review of the board.

OK, thanks for telling me about this all, now i get the difference between rev 1.3 and 1.0. but can here anyone tell me back about the when this revision was released, if this is released yet?? i am asking this all things because for getting the information about this i have also tried on the other sites but from there also i dont get the proper info about this and also for the rev1.3the manual hasn't been updated. so, if here anyone have the suggestion about this then please reply me back about this. have also tried the same things on the Gigabyte site but still from there also i am not able to get the proper information about this. please reply me if here anyone have the proper suggestion for this.

Yes, for getting some information about this i have called the Gigabyte tech support and to them i asked about the where are the 1.3 boards and thy have not been released yet???? and at the same time they told me that more importantly revision 1.0 will receive the same PCI Express 3.0 support through a bios update when they release the 1.3 revision board. i think that this is like a good news for all of us that have the 1.0 revision!

in this case, i think that this is not possible to impliment PCIE3.0 spec by BIOS/software update alone. yes, i know that this will help but it will not suffice.

Hey i get some information about the Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 (rev. 1.3) and that is according to the Gigabyte, that is rev. 1.3 is just a official release of pci 3.0. i think here that we will need to wait for the release for this and see the differences between them. and here i can say for that if they are going to add the required hardware on this motherboard, then at that time there is no reason for this type of the update for this. and also if they are going for doing that things then at that time this will need more than a BIOS update. Yes, i had also tried with the contacting with the Gigabyte support at that time i get that they are telling that for this version the support was in f5 bios. and also they told me back that if i am going for doing the BIOS update for this at that time only this version will work properly.

HEy thank raghini for telling me about the differences of Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 (rev. 1.3) and (rev. 1.0), now i get some idea about this. and if i will get some problem related with that then will reply here back.