Thread: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 F6 BIOS bottlenecking Vertex SSD

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 F6 BIOS bottlenecking Vertex SSD

Yesterday i have updated the GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 BIOS to F6. after the update i think now it is bottle-necking Vertex 3 maxiops 120GB write. it is a SSD. If i switch back to F5, there is no problem. Furthermore i am also having problem with xmp profiles. does anyone else noticed this?

Re: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 F6 BIOS bottlenecking Vertex SSD

A disk with Windows installed in IDE mode will not work if you set AHCI in the BIOS. Conversely, too. Perhaps you are affected? he gave to me in this situation immediately after a blue-screen cinema. In that case what you could do is start Windows with IDE, AHCI or setting in the registry and restart. In this mode to AHCI set. That's at least what I remember from when I drive in an older PC especially when my SSD to put the buttons were.

Even if the Gigabyte website they do not speak at all in the release notes, you could try to update your BIOS, if not already done well on -> the last is the F4. I had a small problem with my Vertex2 a chipset x58 (ICH10R): I had a SMART error (without consequence) at each start, but annoying -> resolved by a BIOS specific.

Is there a reason to go to AHCI? According to various sites makes it hardly noticeable gains. Windows XP does not support AHCI by default, that will change the terrain to do. Windows Vista and Windows 7 has no problem, but first you'll have to adjust the BIOS and then a new installation of Windows.

There are very good reasons to go to AHCI. First, the Native Command Queuing that causes discs in some cases slightly faster. SSDs also some support. And second AHCI support hot swapping. This is very useful as a TS CM690 II Advanced HDD has a dock and an eSATA port. But whether it is worthwhile or not, it would of course just have to work smoothly. Furthermore, Windows does not re-install if you make a small registry change. Apart from that it does not appear that the problem of the TS Windows related.

Indeed after installing Windows 7 I have updated the drivers and SLI Intel AHCI in their final version and my system always ended up curling! I could always move the mouse but not to make any action, or sometimes the mouse is blocked too!

My current concern: randomly in time my PC starts to slow down, freezes, mouse moves slowly and actions become very very slow (the ctrl + alt + del dishes 1 minute launch and no process eats the ram or Processor) to total blockage of the PC see the Blue screen. I do not know really where the problem, and I ask myself if it was not from the SSD. I've had a trouble with a Vertex (30GB vertex1 a growing recognition) and I would not be surprised that it comes from here in light of your message.

I think that first makes no difference if you do not go for RAID, and the second is very important that you turn on AHCI for installation. Do you then, let's fool around with a registry key.