Thread: Cannot wake up system with Gigabyte G1.Assassin Motherboard from sleep

Cannot wake up system with Gigabyte G1.Assassin Motherboard from sleep

My system contain very well specifications:
    • GIGABYTE ASSASSIN G1 KILLER MOTHERBOARD with X58 CHIPSET.
    • INTEL PROCESSOR
    • 1500W PSU
    • 12Gb DDR 3 RAM (4GBx3)
    • 1Tb MAIN DRIVE 7200 - 64Mb SATA
    • 3Tb BACKUP DRIVE SATA
    • LG BLURAY

I didnt do any overclocking thing in this phone. All the drivers are up-to-date. The only problem i am getting is when the system goes into the sleep mode, it won't wake up. i can hear the drive sound and graphics card fan sound. But nothing on the monitor. I had manually restart my system then. what would be the reason for this?

Re: Cannot wake up system with Gigabyte G1.Assassin Motherboard from sleep

This is simply not feasible for me. I use only close when I install new stuff. I keep my programs open. Sleep / wake saves an enormous amount of time. The PC comes back in about 5 seconds from where you left off. It is a great strength and time. Any device that cannot work with these does not belong in my PC. But I'm somewhat surprised, I would think that more sleep would be the responsibility of the OS / motherboard / power supply. And everything worked with my other drive. Cannot imagine what's wrong with this.

I have a dual boot with XP. So I tried it. No problem there with sleep and resume. It's a bug in Vista 64. I do not know why it happens with the BD-ROM, but not the DVD-ROM. I switched to the Gigabyte controller from IDE mode to AHCI mode. I have again the drivers for the controller in Vista. I use the MS SATA drivers, since the Gigabyte drivers are so buggy. Now the problem with resume / sleep is gone

The only thing that finally fixed it was to the Lite-On drive on the ICH9R controller on the motherboard in place. I swapped it wither another optical drive that works well on the Gigabyte controller, such as sleep / resume. All my other optical drives do. Only the Lite-on is the problem. Very strange.

Have you ever thought about your BIOS?
    see settings under Advanced / ACPI Configuration.
    Suspend to RAM set to enabled or auto
    RTC alarm set to Disabled
    Set to Disabled PCI Devices Power On

For a computer into sleep mode and wakes up, all play parts of the computer. These items are the hardware, but also the so-called driver. Drivers are small programs that allow the operating system (Windows) to access the functions of the hardware.

Why can not wake up your computer? Have you recently connected a new device may be on the PC? Plugged a USB modem, a webcam or a new keyboard on a PC? If you have recently changed something on the PC, you try it, stake out this device, and then to test the sleep mode.

When you send your PC to sleep, is always the same software running? Unfortunately it is common for a driver or special software is slightly flawed, and the sleep mode, so can not be completed properly. The problem is that you can have, unfortunately, occur after a software update. Sometimes just a driver does not work when a certain other quite come to that. Unfortunately you can not so easily do something.

One approach for advanced users: In the Control Panel, look in the Device Manager to see if there is not a device has the correct drivers. Driver update for it. Setting the BIOS to another energy-saving mode. If an error message is displayed when the sleep mode does not once again, copy the error message, and googling. Very often this is in error message inside, what is the reason. But these are really solutions that can hurt more than help, so be careful! Incidentally, I also have a PC that does not always wake up correctly. Since I am otherwise satisfied, however, and intends to invest no time, I just do not use the sleep mode.

In the BIOS there should be an option "wake on USB" or something similar. May be that when this update was changed, or disappeared.

When you need a wake-up event on the BIOS side RTC's control (which may be said, also adjusted so that the computers in the S5 state "only" wakes up), but then there is no contradiction.

Perhaps it is because of the USB ports - with boards, there are some which occupy the lower USB's multiple functions and an idle or standby mode prevented. The best way to test it again with a tower and the lower release two. I mean it affects the boards are equipped with a remote control. If your board has a FB is worth the test.