Thread: z68xp-ud3-issd is resulting in to random crashes when the XMP memory is enabled

z68xp-ud3-issd is resulting in to random crashes when the XMP memory is enabled

I am having 4 machines having the below specifications’ and I have been facing random crashes since a no of days, I mean that they just shuts down automatically. I have tried to reinstall the os as well but then it is not making any difference. The problem is controlled to an extent when I am disabling the XMP memory but then I don’t think that this is a solution for it. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the cause of it and can help me out as well? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.
    • Z68XP-UD3-iSSD boards
    • 16GB (4X4) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHZ LP ram (1.35V)
    • 120GB Corsair Force GT SSD main disk
    • Asus 480GTX GPU
    • Corsair AX850 PSU
    • Intel i7 2700k CPU
    • Western Digital SATA3 500GB secondary drives

Re: z68xp-ud3-issd is resulting in to random crashes when the XMP memory is enabled

I am not getting your problem exactly, I mean that what difference is it making when you are disabling the XMP profile of the memory in BIOS? Is it reducing the crashes or it has solved it out and you have a need to enable the XMP memory?

Re: z68xp-ud3-issd is resulting in to random crashes when the XMP memory is enabled

No disabling the XMP memory is just not solving the problem but then it is just reducing the no of the crashes that takes place every day. I have disabled the XMP profile of the memory in BIOS and I am running at 1300MHz and I am not running it at default that is 1600MHz, you can just take a look at the memory details after disabling the XMP memory:
    • DRAM Frequency - 668.7MHz
    • FSB DRAM - 1:5
    • CL - 9.0
    • tRCD - 9
    • tRP - 9
    • tRAS - 24
    • CR - 2T

You can try to try of the following things in order to find out the problem:
    • Uninstall all the Gigabyte utilities
    • Rename the 'gdrv.sys' to 'gdrv.sy_'
    • Disable the onboard SSD drive
    • Set the clocking of CPU at default
    • update the BIOS to the latest F8 revision

Just try to perform these and see if you are able to find out the cause of it.

I have tried all of the above methods but then I don’t think that it is making any difference and I am really not able to find out the cause of the same. I was thinking that there might be some problem with the temps but then I have found that the Thermalright coolers are avoiding the CPU core temps and it is not allowing it to cross it above 50 degree and so, so I don’t think that there is any problem with it.

I have tried all of the above methods but then I don’t think that it is making any difference and I am really not able to find out the cause of the same. I was thinking that there might be some problem with the temps but then I have found that the Thermalright coolers are avoiding the CPU core temps and it is not allowing it to cross it above 50 degree and so, so I don’t think that there is any problem with it.
    I think that you can try to switch to the Optimized default and after that just disable XMP manually and then load the memory and the voltage manually and then see if it is making any difference or not. I think that it should help you out because I have found that doing this has solved out the stability problem of a no of people. Just try to do the same and then let me know what you get, if you get any kind of BSOD codes than make a note of the same and then post the same here for further help.

I have tried out you solution that was switching to the Optimized default and after that disabling XMP manually and loading the memory and the voltage manually but unfortunately it is not making much difference and I am still facing the crashing problem all day long. Is there any other effective solution that I can try out because I am really running out of ideas and I want it to get solved soon? Please help!!