Thread: Combination of Z68X-UD3H-B3 and i5 2500k is locking Windows 7 constantly

Combination of Z68X-UD3H-B3 and i5 2500k is locking Windows 7 constantly

I am having the following:
    • Z68X-UD3H-B3
    • i5 2500k
    • Cooler Master Hyper 212
    • 2x 4gb Corsair XMS DDR3

The problem that I am facing is that the computer is getting freeze constantly, I have been running windows 7 and I have recently changed the mother board to Z68X-UD3H-B3 and since then I am facing this problem. I have noticed that just after switching on the computer the cursor keeps spinning and if works after some minutes then it freezes the computer and I am not able to do anything. Is there anyone who has faced the same issue and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Combination of Z68X-UD3H-B3 and i5 2500k is locking Windows 7 constantly

As far as the spinning cursor is concerened you can just choose the Optimised BIOS defaults and save them and after that you should not have the same problem again. Even I used to get the cursor spinning for long time after I used to start the computer but then after optimizing the bios default I am not getting the same thing again. If that does not solve the problem than you can also try to disable all the power saving settings and see if it making any difference. Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping you or not.

I think that you should try out the below power management/power plan actually you can create a custom profile having the below settings:
    • Go to sleep (Never)
    • turn monitor off after (1 hr)
    • Dim the display (Never)
    • Hibernate (Never)

I am having the same problem with the following:
    • MOTHER BOARD-Z68X-UD3H-B3
    • CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K
    • HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212+
    • Mobo: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    • RAM: Gskill RipjawsX 2x4GB 1.5V 1600Mhz

I will also like to add that I have tried out stock speeds and overclocking as well but then they did not helped me out and now I have tried out making the above changes to the power management/power plan as well but then I don’t think that they are helping either. The other problem that I have noticed is that when I am pressing the Reset button then the computer is not getting reset rather it is just going in to a power down state. Any further help will be appreciated.

The above power management plan is not working for me either, I have made the same changes that you have mentioned above but then I am getting the same response. I have also tried to make some more changes in the powers settings but then none of them is actually helping me out. Other than these I have also tried to load the optimized defaults and I have also tried to change the power feature from the bios as well but then even it did not helped. Is there any other thing that I can try to get rid of this??

I think that you can try to do some trouble shooting, I mean that if you are running the memory at the stock 1.5V then you can just try to increase it a bit say to 1.6V and also make sure that the QPI/VTT in BIOS is not crossing 0.5V of the memory but then if the problem still exist then you can try to go a step ahead and then you can try to run a memtest for each of the stick and see if it is making any difference. Just check it out and then let me know what you get. Best of luck.

I have tried doing so and I have set Corsair XMS to run at 1.5v as well as 1.6v and I had checked that the QPI/VTT in BIOS is not crossing 0.5V of the memory and even after trying this out I am not getting any help. Other than that I also wanted to share that I have tried a set of Crucial Ballistix as well but then they were giving more degraded performance so I have returned them. I don’t know why I am facing this problem, I have also tried to do a fresh installation of the windows 7 and even though I am not having any antivirus software or anti malware and I am still having the same problem.

I have tried doing so and I have set Corsair XMS to run at 1.5v as well as 1.6v and I had checked that the QPI/VTT in BIOS is not crossing 0.5V of the memory and even after trying this out I am not getting any help. Other than that I also wanted to share that I have tried a set of Crucial Ballistix as well but then they were giving more degraded performance so I have returned them. I don’t know why I am facing this problem, I have also tried to do a fresh installation of the windows 7 and even though I am not having any antivirus software or anti malware and I am still having the same problem.
    I don’t know why it is not working for you, I am very sure about the solution that I have mentioned because I have got a no of positive reply for the same, since it is a brings enough of its own services. Even though you have specified that you are not having any security software installed then I think that there might be some rogue programs and you might be not aware of the same. I will also like to add that it hardly takes 15 minutes get attacked by a malware program when you go to and no matter you had a fresh install or so.