Thread: PC keeps rebooting with MSI 970A-G45 motherboard

PC keeps rebooting with MSI 970A-G45 motherboard

HI, i have recently purchased a machine in which i have installed the following hardware parts as mentioned below, but don’t know what could be the problem as whenever i start it, after sometime randomly it just keeps rebooting.

MSI 970A-G45 – motherboard
    Athlon Phenom X4 955 - processor
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB PC12800 DDR3 1600MHz - RAM
    XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 - GPU
    OCZ 120GB SOLID 3 SERIES SATA III 2.5 - Hard Drive
    Sony DVDRW 24x DVD drive
    BFG 550W - PSU
    Windows 7 64bit Ultimate – OS

Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: PC keeps rebooting with MSI 970A-G45 motherboard

after seeing the configuration that you have mentioned i was quite amazed as it is quite good but still have you ever overclocked your machine yet? because see according to me the issue that you are having must be grounding from there only, thus first of all let me know have you overclocked the machine? if so then you should first of all try to make all the settings to their default and see whether you are getting the same performance or not. Because see if there could be some problem with the overclocking only then it will be resolved after making changes in the settings.

i am completely agree with the above user but along with that you should also make sure whether the power supply that you are using in your machine is working perfectly or not, because though the one you have mentioned is good, but we can assure its performance fall. Thus you should try to make sure whether there is some problem with the power supply you are using or something else.

Here, you just have to test your power supply with another machine and if possible then you should try to make use of another power supply as well in the machine and see what happens, because according to me that would far much better rather than using yours in another one. It might be possible that you may have to replace the one.

According to the better option over here would be to visit the service center and get the appropriate service for this problem because i don’t think this could be happening because of any other hardware, because see if you concern the major symptoms so they could be,

• - electrical input problem
    • - a faulty power supply unit
    • - a faulty network card or network card
    • - a faulty motherboard

In addition, it seems that there could be some problem with the motherboard only, thus it would be better to visit the service center and test the hardware.

it might be possible as there could be some problem with the OS you have installed, thus have you ever tried reinstalling the windows?

I could say i am partially agree with the above user as reinstalling the windows will be good option but apart from that you can have another option as well, like you should also have a glance at the drivers as well that you have installed for the particular hardware that you have installed in your machine. i have also heard that they could also ground such problems with the machine. According to me rather than finding glitches in the same, i would say you should try to reinstall all the drives that you have installed and then see what happens. Along with this you should also make sure whether the BIOS that you have installed is also working perfectly, rather make sure whether the version is latest or not. Whenever you attempting for reinstalling the drivers or BIOS you should ensure whether the one you are trying is latest drivers or not. For latest driver release you can have all information from the manufacturer’s official website.

make sure the memory modules you have installed is also working properly, you should test the machine with another RAM as well.

i would like to recommend you that you should go through the PDF file i have attached over here as they have explained each and every thing perfectly regarding troubleshooting the reboot problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think it seems like there could be some problem with the motherboard i have installed in my machine rather than any other hardware because i have almost tried to test each hardware with an different hardware, and it seems to happen only when i attach my motherboard, or else every hardware works perfectly. Anyways i was also about to do the same thing to visit the service center, but really thanks for the above suggestions.

I Have The axact same motherboard and ram, and i also had my computer restart on me every 10 seconds. I sort of figured out it was a memory problem cause the computer restart always seemed to happen when the computer is put under stress.

The problem is when you first start the computer the bios asks you what your ram frequency is, but if you choose 1600mhz the ram timings are totally wrong on the auto setting.

So first i tried to manually set the timings using the menu in the bois but EVERY DAMN variation on the numbers gave met the same rebooting issue.

The Last thing i tried was to just switch to 1333mhz with auto mode for the timings and And VOILA> No Restarting

I Think the problem is that corsair vengence ram is a 1600mhz kit BUT it runs on the timings of a 1333mhz kit AND i think the bios auto settings are tuned for hardcore 1600mhz kits.

Apperently the newest bios update adds more memory support, but im not going to test it out because i have had some bad experiences in the past with flashing my bios.