Thread: Random reboots with MSI H67MA-E45 motherboard

Random reboots with MSI H67MA-E45 motherboard

I have had system running using this motherboard. But from the last few weeks create rebooting arbitrarily. Each and every one driver is current. Every one of temps are standard and underneath 50c. The system is running a core i5 2400, 2x2 Kingston hyper x kit, OEM CPU fan. There are 3 fans in my case that are all functioning. The Entire system is running with Windows 7. Do you think that it is the motherboard’s fault?

Re: Random reboots with MSI H67MA-E45 motherboard

The random crashes, it has 99% of the time the power supply or ram. For the power supply it could be because it is burnt out, not necessarily because it is not powerful enough. It seems to me that you have maximum 4 banks of ram, so if you have more than four "faces" of ram installed it causes crashes. It can also be a nutritional problem; it's the diet also how well the volt lines adhere. Also, you may want to do a BIOS update, as several signs of this type have the same problem.

To restore the default values, you must connect the pins CLR_CMOS (bottom right of the battery of your motherboard) for a few seconds and disconnected PC. You can also remove the battery for a while, PC still disconnected. Once done return to the setup, put the option System Memory Multiplier (SPD) to 3. Verifies that the FSB (CPU host clock) tells well 266MHz, force this value otherwise. We must then see if the value is set Memory Frequency to 800MHz. Like your RAM has timings aggressive frequency, it cannot operate at the origin of the DDR2 voltage (1.8V). We must therefore increase the voltage applied to it via the option DDR2 Overvoltage Control. Kingston your needs (but it seems to me to check) a voltage of 1.9V, you just have to set this option to +0.1 V.

I guess you have installed two bars in "Dual Channel". Some motherboards (especially Asrock,) cannot handle the "Dual Channel" in lowering the frequency strips. In clear and so is the case with your motherboard, you need to choose between maximum frequency and "Dual Channel"

If the antivirus has given you some kind of problem is likely to enter with some process confliction you completely fail-safe mode and then move to the Ccleaner no trace and see if there are no restarts long enough to rule out that this was the problem after which you can try installing again and step tests whether Safe Mode is not restarted.

So for the update I have not had time to realize it at first use the pc worked fine but I preferred to be on the restart problem was gone before putting the bios update ... and I did well because the problem has reappeared, thankfully not during an update the bios ... The hard drive so I took the same first and then another unwise choice that's right on my other pc but no antivirus finds something and no error is found on disk Hitachi 320GB.. . Finally, yes I have the first hard drive to another ... this is already a mistake!

Given what you say random stops is not recommended as stop-over updating the BIOS, and much more complete will not work, it will then reprogram the BIOS. You can always try to install Secunia PSI Security; I have been very useful to solve some small detail of corrupt drivers.

In your case, remove everything that is not necessary to boot, such as hard drive, optical drive, graphics card...

If you still have the same problem, try booting with one ram. Moreover, they are on the right slot of the rams for dual channel?

If still nothing, recheck all connections.

It is not PCQ you do not see a BSoD that there is none.
    • Right click "Computer" menu and click the "Properties"
    • In the new window, selected on the left "Advanced System Settings"
    • Under "Startup and Recovery" click "Settings ..."
    • Disable checkbox "Automatically restart"
    • Posted via the button "Ok"
    • Now you can continue to use your PC normally.
    • In any cases your problem will move toward a solution.