Thread: RAM slot not working in Dell L702x

RAM slot not working in Dell L702x

Hi, I am having Dell L702x but I think the RAM slot in the machine is not working perfectly as whenever I start the machine it just unable to initiate. I am not able to figure out whether there could be some problem with the RAM slot or with the motherboard. Please help me with the issue as I am not getting what could be the problem but the thing is like machine is not getting started. Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: RAM slot not working in Dell L702x

Though you have mentioned like you are not getting what could be the problem thus over here I would like to recommend you that you should try to get the machine well tested from any good hardware engineer, because see if you continue this way only so it might be possible that you may get problem with any other hardware as well which is not having any problem right now. Thus you should always take care of this things.

How do you come to know that there could be problem with the RAM slot only?

• Are you getting any particular beep when you start the machine ?

• When you depress on the power push button, the laptop composes a series or short and long beeps and will not start up. There is no video on the screen? because though that you can figure out the exact cause by the RAM.

Anyways if you haven’t heard any such sound then I would like to recommend you that you should have to make some troubleshooting with the machine but if you are not aware about the computer structure then you should approach a hardware engineer and get it resolved, because over here it seems like you must have to remove the memory module from the machine in order to get it test then only you can figure out whether this is because of the memory only or there is some problem with the motherboard in your laptop.

I am completely agree with the above user as you should test the memory in your machine, by the way have you installed only 1 or more that 1 memory in the machine? Since I have seen many people having same problem with their laptop because of the secondary memory. Thus if you have installed more than one memory in the machine then please try to start the machine with only one memory in other words without another one.

please let me know how do I remove the memory from the slot so that I can check it very well. But as mentioned above I am not getting any sort of sound or beep when machine starts. :O

To remove an existing memory from the laptop follow the below steps:

• If you have, an anti-static wrist band in that case place it on before touching the module.

• Release the ejector clips by quietly pulling them out of the sides of the module. softly pulling together clips at the same time will discharge the memory module.

• The memory should pop up into more or less the position

• Hold the memory by the ends and smoothly slide it out of the slot

• The memory should next position in an anti-static bag for storage.

I would like to recommend you that you should try to visit the service center and be aware as what could be the problem with the machine, since I personally believe, as this could be really a better option rather than others because if in case of any replacement you’ll get the original product from the service center only and if you get it repaired from any outside technician then there isn’t any guarantee that the hardware which is replaced must be original only.

Apart from this for all such process, you need to pay to any technician rather from the service center you’ll get the service for free of cost if the machine would in the warranty period, and in case of paying as well I believe that it is worthy to pay them rather than any outsiders.

I think there could be some problem with the motherboard only, because I have tested the machine with another working RAM as well but still having same issue.

actually you are right as there could be some issue with the motherboard but before that can you please let me know whether you have tested that the RAM you are having is working or not?

Have you ever tested them with another machine? Because this is also crucial, as it might be possible that there could be some problem with the RAM slot in your machine though it is regarding the motherboard only but it could have been repair as well, I mean to say replacement is not the only sort of resolution.