Thread: Cannot run DDR3 dual channel mode on MSI X48C Platinum motherboard

Cannot run DDR3 dual channel mode on MSI X48C Platinum motherboard

I am not able to run my RAM in dual channel mode and I am getting problems with it. In single channel mode I am not getting any kind of issues and it works perfectly. I toggle the ram slots meant for dual and it does not boot. Does anyone know why this won’t work?
    • CPU: Intel core 2 duo E7300 (ES) OC @ 3.0 GHz
    • Memory: Corsair: 2x4GB CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
    • Motherboard: Msi x48c Platinum
    • Video Card: XFX Radeon HD6850 XXX edition 1GB GDDR5
    • PSU: Ultra 600W
    • HDD: Western Digital 500GB 7200RPM

Re: Cannot run DDR3 dual channel mode on MSI X48C Platinum motherboard

You can use the memory at different run MHz clock speeds. The higher the number the faster MHz . The other values indicate the timings of the memory. It is the latency in nanoseconds. Here is then the lower the number, the faster. If you're using another brand of memory you have to check the values in the BIOS.

It may be that the memory is not recognized properly by the board. Then you can set the timing and the timing of hand. If memory supports XMP profile that's also the easiest.

The manual should be an accurate guide to find. You should make sure that the colored memory slots are populated at the same store. Here, I would not mix because of the dual channel operation.

Which BIOS version are you using exactly?

Deputy times the memory speed at DDR3-1066 as a test in the BIOS and look, how the system behaves then.

Depending on system configuration, the addressable memory area also significantly less than 3GB. It always depends on how much memory ranges for other system instances must be reserved. For dual channel mode, the modules must only be in the correct slots. Extra must be set in the BIOS for anything. Dual Channel, however, has absolutely nothing to do with the available storage capacity, perhaps as confused what you bring.

The moment you put the three modules are not able to activate the dual channel. To run the dual channel modules requires that you have installed are (2, 4, 8 ....) so cannot have two memory modules in dual channel and the other not, since in that case not be activated the dual channel.

Dual channel has not anything to do through whether DDR2 otherwise DDR3.

The dual channel DDR is implemented from, and refers to the arrangement of two identical modules in a given configuration on the board, for best speed and performance.

In fact, the plates AMD dual-channel DDR3 ride smoothly, and DDR3 kits have double and triple channel.

Manufacturer can one finds out exactly for any motherboard, RAM chips which are compatible or have been tested successfully with the board. Similarly, find the appropriate details, what memory expansion bolts with which are possible in the manual and also online on the net. In principle, a Triple Channel 3 Channel Interface, a system, each channel has 2 slots (called banks) are available, but you should ideally be equipped with the same RAM sizes, so each 4GB in 3 channels and one slot each remains free or 6x 4GB (full equipment), or 6x 2GB etc.

I succeeded when I made memory voltage 1.67V and memory frequency 999 Mhz. If I used only 2 sticks (4GB) I could set memory frequency at 1066 Mhz. The actual timing, according to CPU-Z became 9 8 8 20 instead of 9 9 9 24. Trc was found to be 86.
    Anyway 8GB has run for two days now without problems.

I must add it took me a lot of hours, since my PC would not boot on the Corsair memory, so I had to put the old memory in if I wanted to change the BIOS settings...