Thread: Operating System too slow to crawl after adding 3rd stick of 8 GB DDR3

Operating System too slow to crawl after adding 3rd stick of 8 GB DDR3

If only install 2 8GB sticks, things work like a winner. As soon as I install a third Windows 7 Ultimate x64 does not formulate it past the "Starting Windows" screen.

The i7-2600K is apparently only compatible with 1333 MHz memory (I inadvertently buying 1600 MHz), but I thought that either the memory of twenty-four hours a day, or the processor could be clocked at work. In any case, I'm at a loss as to how to diagnose and therefore work to solve this trouble. I'm not sure what memory settings manually using the clock down the RAM to 1333MHz.

re: Operating System too slow to crawl after adding 3rd stick of 8 GB DDR3

Quote Originally Posted by Parnell View Post
    If only install 2 8GB sticks, things work like a winner. As soon as I install a third Windows 7 Ultimate x64 does not formulate it past the "Starting Windows" screen.

The i7-2600K is apparently only compatible with 1333 MHz memory (I inadvertently buying 1600 MHz), but I thought that either the memory of twenty-four hours a day, or the processor could be clocked at work. In any case, I'm at a loss as to how to diagnose and therefore work to solve this trouble. I'm not sure what memory settings manually using the clock down the RAM to 1333MHz.
    Have you bought the club in one or multiple kits? Let me know So I can help you further.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Reyes View Post
    Have you bought the club in one or multiple kits? Let me know So I can help you further.
    I bought them as individual clubs, ie they came in individual packages.

Ram is sold as complete sets, you cannot mix the kits and hopes that stability, once in a blue moon people are lucky and can get 2 to run, and nevertheless 3 is a real leap.

Yes this is true. BUT, you can easily run on a 1600MHz kit paired with XMP profile. Some have even successfully run a 200 MHz RAM for this processor.

Run CPU-z and look at the SPD tab. That will show the times used for 1333. However, as stated Synthohol, the chance that you did not hit three poles running along at any speed is pretty slim. Today, the memory is not like the memory of the past few years when you could buy almost anything and get along very well run. It is very important to buy the kits are now.

The RAM I bought is listed as compatible memory for my motherboard. I've heard people in the short paired KITS; however I cannot find a 32 GB kit matched dual-channel DDR3 kit. As far as I can tell, this RAM is only sold as singles sticks, I think it was a victim of advertising, “break the barrier of 16 GB “etc.

Anyone know if there is a way to get this amount of RAM (or similar) in a matched kit so you can get all of 32 GB?

CMT32GX3M4X1866C9 available. But the price of 32 kits of action is outrageous at this time. Although we can expect some down once the availability of chips becomes more widespread.

There are other brands available but the prices are almost identical except for a set I thought budget was $ 700.

I understand that the disgraceful price .the four clubs that have cost me about $ 1,200. (As you can visualize, I'm not frightened that you can only use 1 / 2 of them).

"Quad Channel" is throwing me for a loop that supports dual channel? I found information that indicates' quad channel was something new and goes, but some RAM MFG also "test" their "quad channel" environments "dual channel". However, I could not find any information indicating ram and tell with the support of my mother.

Corsair CMT32GX3M4X1866C9 not listed as compatible (it is assumed that there is a possibility that it is too new and the documentation is not updated yet?) [I have not really want to blow another $ 1,000, not knowing if it will work]

There is no such thing as dual channel memory / triple / quad, as it is a property of the memory controller in the way it handles memory. That's why we can put the memory in different slot configurations on a plate and recorded as a single channel or double or triple or quadruple.

Memory is running at DDR1600 at Cas 10 should be superior to go. I would verify the most recent MB BIOS update and then load setup defaults and facilitate XMP profile one is theoretical to be all you have to do!

For the guidance I received here, which had asked for a stick of RAM KIT 4 (I would like to do my part in stopping baby panda sacrifice). While waiting for the kit is accessible, other research indicates that some MB to announce an overclocked memory speed might not be able to reach that theoretical speed with all DIMMs filled (maximum) and that the reduction in speed could be an alternative.

I shared that information with some more technical than me and they too were a bit baffled. I still wonder if anyone out there could shed light on a 1120MHz or 1440MHz speeds. (The reason is that an inmate is assigned the task of programming that day - and I have screwed by internal, I'm hoping that at least one, even better if it was hot)