Thread: Undervolting Turion x2 Ultra on HP Pavilion tx2520ej

Undervolting Turion x2 Ultra on HP Pavilion tx2520ej

I have work on HP Pavilion tx2520ej Entertainment Notebook PC and I used this notebook for surfing internet and playing video games. Now the problem is the heat, it gets too hot. For solving this issue I decided to do undervolting Turion x2 Ultra CPU of this notebook. Can anybody do this task already then please share your own experience onto it. This will be help to me for guidance prospective. Thanks in advance.

Re: Undervolting Turion x2 Ultra on HP Pavilion tx2520ej

Unhappily, other than running in power saver mode not a lot can be done to manage the heat with regards to the processor. 45 - 55C is pretty much the usual inactive temps for the tx2500/tx2z series. Hence I also think that the undervolting CPU is the best task that works to fix your type of complicated problems.

PumaStateCtrlDlg is one of the useful program that work to do this task in easiest way. You need to search this program using internet search engine sites. Then try to properly download this program on this notebook. The next step is to be run the program and it helps to you for performing this undervolting task on your system. You can use this strategy and in response it gives you the best performance. This is mostly work to fix heating type of problem. Hence run this program and locate the result on your notebook.

Undervolts from 0.8 to 0.75 on 500 MHz can be easily possible on this notebook using such type of program. The program is pretty straight forward; just modify the VID’s of each p-state located in a config file and run it. Hence I also suggest to you for use this program and check what result happen onto your system. This PumaStateCtrlDlg program must run permanently in order to reset the settings after standby mode of the notebook. Hence try this in standby mode. I hope it gives best result.

This program is really works in right direction and it managed to get to 0,8 and 0,95 volts at minimum and maximum state. Hence if you want to control the voltage and heating type of problem onto your notebook then this is the best program. In this program downloading process you need to check the compatibility issue. Most of the time notebook gives downloading problem. The downloading section will gives 32 bit as well as 63 bit versions. Hence first check the compatibility issue and then perform the necessary task onto it. Maybe try using Windows 32 bit program from sourceforget site. I hope it works well for solving your problem.

RMClock is an application for monitoring your PC processor to keep a precise and concise control of its working. You can also try this application in case of PumaStateCtrlDlg program goes failure. This is alternative choice that works to fix such type of undervolting type of problem. Basic RMClock version is available free of charge for personal non-commercial use and for non-profit organizations. You can easily download this application without doing any registration on official site. Hence first download it and then perform the installation task. Then as per the guidance perform instruction running onto it. I hope that it fix your problem.

I think this RMClock does not support for Turion Ultras yet. I am not sure but you can also try this on your notebook. I would recommend you to first go to official site and check whether any advanced version of this program work well into right direction or not.

RightMark CPU Clock Utility (RMClock) is a small GUI application designed for real-time CPU frequency, throttling task on notebook processor. Current release of RMClock utility implements the CPU frequency, CPU load and throttling level and one of the major news is that it supports Turion x2 Ultra CPU. Hence there is no worry about it. You can easily download and install this program on your notebook system. This new version is available free of charge for personal non-commercial use.

The default for the ZM-86 should be 0.8V @600MHz, 0.95V @ 1200MHz and 1.1V @ 2400MHz. hence you can also try to set the setting to its default stage. It fixes your undervolting as well as heating type of problem. Try this setting reset to default stage task and locate the result that works to fix your issue.

I will probably go and buy a can of compressed air and try and blow some dust away, opening the laptop and trying to clean it myself. I try this simple process in last week and after doing it the result slightly changed. Hence if you think that there is necessary to avoid this heating problem for temporary manner, then you can also use this cleaning type of task. This will be clean all the dust particles of the CPU. Hence try this and check what result arrives on your notebook.

Manufacture processors in bulk you can't expect them to test and undervolt every single processor to the best of its capabilities! Hence the better way is to be first take manufacturer advice and as per instructions you need to apply it on your notebook. You can also take help of the manual. This is better to fix any kind of problem onto this notebook. There is also one TurionPowerControl software available that also helpful to you.