Thread: Gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4 motherboard: which video card will it support?

Gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4 motherboard: which video card will it support?

Recently I get the Gigabyte N650SLI-DS4 motherboard, and now I am thinking to get the video card for that. Before this I was using the Geforce 8500 GT, but I think that this was very old. I was wondering what is the best card my motherboard would support? Would it support the latest Geforce cards out there? If NO, how should i figure which one would. Please suggest me if you have any recommendation In this case.

Re: Gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4 motherboard: which video card will it support?

After seeing all the components of your PC, I can say that you are having enough power supply to power run the card and also other configuration of your system is very good to support the video card. So I think that you can choose the any video card which you think. For that I think that you will get the suggestion from the Gigabyte support.

I think that splitting to 2 8x is a small performance drop as long as it is pci-e 2.0, and here I would say that I am not very familiar with that mobo. But here in your case I can say to you that SLI matters with the high resolutions with high graphic settings.

After seen this I have decided to use the SLI on the bored and if there I get that it to two 8x slots, the I will just use the single card.

Here first tell me that the most important is what the CPU and RAM do you have? Since this is a socket 775 board again, it will not support quad cores below 45 nm. This means that the CPU could be faster than the Q6700. At 2.66, this would have problems with the graphics card SLI fastest current range. Still GTX460s SLI requires 3.2 GHz or more, above all for modern games, which be likely to be more CPU intensive. And also suggest me that what resolution will be run? This has a pronounced effect on the amount of graphics power you need.

I just checked! My motherboard is capable of Q9650 3 GHz know that nothing would be an improvement. But I know how I can know that card is compatible?

Yes, I can say that this makes the Q6700 the fastest non-extreme supported model, with the help of the fastest of all QX6800. But I think that it also lists the 1333 dual cores as N / A and know that for sure they work, as I built a machine with an E8400 N650 for me and this works very well. So here I can say that the list is obviously wrong, and also the card is compatible with the system.

Dude, thanks for all the suggestion over here. Still I have nto tried with suggestion over here. I will try with them and if there I get the problem relate with this then I will report here back for the more suggestion.