Thread: EVGA X58 SLI MOBO unable to detect optical drive, is it the SATA ports hitch

EVGA X58 SLI MOBO unable to detect optical drive, is it the SATA ports hitch

My EVGA X58 SLI MOBO is working well I have no doubt about it but the problem is it do not make out it optical drive is connected to it. I first thought it the DVD drive is faulty but when I checked on other computers its works properly it just but when I hook it up to this mother board it doesn't recognize it. I'm trying to install a fresh system on a bare drive. Is there anyone who is familiar with this type of problem can guide trough to get rid of it

Re: EVGA X58 SLI MOBO unable to detect optical drive, is it the SATA ports hitch

Did you try another optical driver see if its works with it or not and the possible solution I can see here is updated the BIOS may be that will help your cause

Re: EVGA X58 SLI MOBO unable to detect optical drive, is it the SATA ports hitch

No I did not checked the another optical driver ad mine is working perfectly fine and no I did not updated my BIOS but I have file for update but I don’t know how to update the BIOS can you guide me true

Do the following thing to update

BIOS updating can be accomplished VIA one of the below methods

• Download the appropriate .iso file: E758_83.iso
    • Use proper CD Burning software to burn the .iso image onto a blank CD like Nero, Alochol 120%, MagicISO etc.
    • After it has burned, put in CD and restart the machine, just go into the BIOS and load defaults, save and exit.
    • at present set the CD Drive as the primary boot device, or press escape at the same time as the system is booting to select CD as the bootable device.
    • After flash remove the CD, and power off PC Completely.
    • Turn on the PC and load defaults in BIOS

Blank CD and CD Rewritable Drive Required and since your optical drive is not working so do the following

USB Flash Drive Installation

• Download the correct .bin file and do as above

It should not be necessary to update the BIOS to detect an optical drive. Try resetting the BIOS to default settings in the BIOS settings under the menu must be saved. Clear NV RAM option. Also if a BIOS, try another SATA cable and connector try different SATA motherboard, try a different SATA power cable OR connector.

I have the same mobo. If the SATA ports are configured for RAID or AHCI it will not recognize the optical drives in those ports. Connect the optical drive for the red SATA ports (# 8 and # 9) that are controlled by the JMicron JMB363 chip. Make sure these ports are in "IDE" mode in the BIOS.

Then enter the boot order settings and make certain the optical drive moves to the top of the list.