Thread: My K8T Master 2 FAR dual Opteron 250 Vista 64bit BIOS 1.4 showing only one CPU

My K8T Master 2 FAR dual Opteron 250 Vista 64bit BIOS 1.4 showing only one CPU

I had been working on these problems for a week! The POST, Device Manager locates several brand new CPUs. On the other hand, there are one and only one CPU being use in job administrator (yes, I have check one chart for each CPU). It show up from the gathering that BIOS 1.35B5? Could work but I would be able to not spot it. Attempt to establish Window XP Pro but failed (floppy drive tries not to work).

Here my system:
    Code:
    MSI K8t Master 2 FAR
    ECC ram 2GB
    Dual Opteron 250 replaced the dual Opteron 242 one week ago
    BIOS upgrade to 1.4
    Window Vista 64bit from Window XP Pro

Re: My K8T Master 2 FAR dual Opteron 250 Vista 64bit BIOS 1.4 showing only one CPU

According to me update the floppy that is joined. The wind in the cable should be at the floppy side. Moreover if the light is burning every last trace of the time, then turn the floppy connector 180o on the drive.

Re: My K8T Master 2 FAR dual Opteron 250 Vista 64bit BIOS 1.4 showing only one CPU

I did check the floppy cable and is installed accurately. Window XP Pro installment, the floppy could seem to work first until I press F6 for the RAID driver. The floppy green light then stays on and the rest of the installation failed. I do have dual single center Opteron 250.

I ran the cmd as administrator and the order lived out successfully. I conformed msconfig and checked "discover HAL" with number of processors chose as "2". Reboot. Unfortunately, it still makes a point not to run the second CPU.

Computer driver is wrong, might as well perused APIC Multiprocessor PC, attempt modifying the driver. Well in any event it indicates that in XP, could doubt me that Vista is diverse. With respect to your floppy, the cable is WRONG associated! The light should go off, turn the connector at the floppy-drive, and afterward the light will go off. You basically have bind 1 not joined to bind 1, that is why the light stays on. So take the cable from the floppy, turn the connector and unite it again, in the midst of startup is might as well flash and go off.

I assume the floppy cable is heard rightly after I was fit to boot into DOS following POST and likewise update the BIOS to 1.4 that course besides. On the other hand, the floppy light begin up and stay green whenever I prod F6.

"Load optimize default" and reboot with "Normal startup" done. Still just utilize one CPU admitting that mechanism supervises now state "ACPIx64-based PC".

The WinXP Pro install without floppy direction. I got Window XP Pro SP2 fix without situation. Obviously the disappointment to catch 2nd Opteron 250 remains. I had opened my box perhaps twenty times but might not spot the MS-XXXX betwixt PCI slot.

It's MS9130 VERSION

After the Window XP Pro install, I tried the following:

boot into WinXP rescue console
    then I did the following:

Code:
    cd c:\windows\driver cache\i386
    and
    expand sp2.cab -F:halmacpi.dll c:\windows\system32
    expand sp2.cab -F:ntkrpamp.exe c:\windows\system32
    expand sp2.cab -F:ntkrnlmp.exe c:\windows\system32
    clearing the way for new HAL and kernels and making backup 
    of current one in same time by:
    ren ntkrnlpa.exe ntkrnlpa.old
    ren ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.old
    ren hal.dll hal.old
    then naming new HAL file with kernels to expected by OS with:
    ren halmacpi.dll hal.dll
    ren ntkrpamp.exe ntkrnlpa.exe
    ren ntkrnlmp.exe ntoskrnl.exe
    reboot PC by:
    echo g=FFFF:0000|debug /* or just hit reset key...*/
    Again, window detect to Opteron 250 CPU2 but only one is being use. I didn't want to give up, so I the following as well:

Code:
    "Boot with XP cdrom -> reque console
    expand d:\i386\halmacpi.dl_ c:\windows\system32
    cd \windows\system32
    del hal.dll
    rename halmacpi.dll hal.dll
    reboot"

With BIOS 1.1 and dual Opteron 242, I have both CPU function as indicated by Device chief and undertaking supervisor (a few CPU diagrams). I am just able to get one CPU work following I upgrade to Opteron 250 and BIOS 1.4. Unfortunately BIOS 1.1 make a point not to back Opteron 250.