Thread: I am facing random crashes with Z68A-GD65 (B3) & Vertex 3 MI Edition

I am facing random crashes with Z68A-GD65 (B3) & Vertex 3 MI Edition

I am using Z68A-GD65 (B3) & Vertex 3 MI Edition and i9 am trying to update the BIOS for it but I am getting some kind of error I am using the HQ USB Flashing Tool .Every time when I am trying to boot from the USB stick and trying to flash I am getting an error which says that the BIOS corruption has been detected. I have faced this error for the first time and I don’t have much idea about it. Is there anyone who has an idea about this error and can help me out as well. Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: I am facing random crashes with Z68A-GD65 (B3) & Vertex 3 MI Edition

Try to perform the below solution first and check if this helps or not and let me know your result as well:
    • Run the memtest for a night
    • Updated the FW of Vertex 3 to the latest
    • Try a clean windows install
    • Update the motherboard BIOS
    • Change the RAM settings to 7-7-7-20, 1.55V,
    • Disable the spread spectrum

Even I am getting the same error. My system information is as followed:
    • MSI Z68A-GD65 (B3) with BIOS v22.4, i7-2600k, Windows 7 Enterprise x64
    • OZC Vertex 3 MI Edition 120GB (VTX3MI-25SAT3-120G)
    • Kingston ValueRAM 2x4GB (KVR1333D3N9K2/8G) + Kingston ValueRAM 2x2GB (KVR1333D3N9K2/4G)
    • LG BH10LS30 BD-writer
    • BeQuiet DarkPower 450W power supply

Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

I have the exact problem and I have already tried to follow the above steps previously but they did not helped .I have noticed that the crash is taking place randomly and I have not created a Minidump and that’s why I am not able to check the (minidump (Kernel size) & pagefile both enabled) .I have faced the system crash 3 times last week and every time I am getting a black screen with the message: No boot device detected and when I checked the SSD I am getting a green & red light on the back. I don’t know what to do know. Any further help will be appreciated.

What I will suggest you to do is just try to test your system by using the memory stick one at a time. I mean only use the 2 X 2 kit and test or only the 2 X 4 kit. I also think that Mixing of mem sticks on the Sandy Bridge platform have found to be raising unexplained and inconsistent errors as the RAM amount is said to vary on the module. You can also try to test the RAM in isolation if you have not yet done it and after installing the targeted kit/module you should go for a CMOS clear and do the same for the other stick as well. Just try to perform the above solution and check if the help you or not. If they help you then well and good but if they don’t then let me know so I can help you further with some other solution.

Before I suggest you any more solutions I will like to ask you some question.
    • Was your hotplugging disabled or enabled in the BIOS When you had flashed the SSD to the latest firmware?
    • Your machine freeze, BSOD, reboot and then say insert boot device and all?

I have by now tried the following but I am still facing the same problem:
    • Reset CMOS
    • Re-flashed the drive with hotplugging disabled
    • Erased the drive using the Linux bootable CD
    • Re-installed windows
    • I have installed the drivers as well.

Any further help will be appreciated.

I have the same problem and I have already tested my memory stick one by one and I have not got any error for the test. Previously I was running Vertex 2 where I had set the BIOS to hot swap and have made the AHCI enabled as well and alter I found that the Vertex 3 is not able to update FW because it is being used by the os. I am not able to find the cause for it but I have seen as BSOD just for a second today and the screen said that boot device is not available. I don’t know what to do know. Any further help will be appreciated.

Remove all the Intel drivers from your system (management engine driver, RST driver, INF driver)
    Reboot and then let the windows 7 detect the SSD
    After it detects the SSD and the reboot again
    Open the command prompt and then enter the following:
    reg.exe add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\msahci\Controller0\Channel0" /f /v TreatAsInternalPort /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
    Press enter and then again add the following:
    reg.exe add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\msahci\Controller0\Channel1" /f /v TreatAsInternalPort /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
    Press enter and then close the command prompt and then reboot

You can also try these steps as well but I will say you to perform these step only after you have performed the above steps and it has not helped you. What you have to do is just try to create a temporary windows 7 install and then install the driver using the msahci driver and after you are done with the driver installation then connect the HDD to port 1 on the motherboard and after the install is done then connect the SSD to port 0 and then reboot to the HDD by using the manual boot option and just make sure that hotplugging is OFF in UEFI. After you install the windows 7 flash the FW to the drive reboot and check if the SSD is detected or not. Later remove the and then boot to UEFI then set the SSD as first boot device and then try to boot the SSD.

What I have found is that the p67 version of GD65 bios is not related to the stability to the SSD.I think that this some kind of setting related as I had flashed my drive to 2.11 with the hot plug enabled and had got bsod after some days. Later when I applied the registry tweak and then tried to run that SSD tweaker tool then it hardly helped me out and I have also tried the over clocking test as well and now it has been almost three weeks and I have not yet got the bsod