Thread: RMA MSI 890fx board or Upgrade to MSI 990fx

RMA MSI 890fx board or Upgrade to MSI 990fx

I’m thinking I killed my bridge to the north in my msi 890FXA-GD70. No power, try the power supply tester Antec power supply and it was well. When things died during the main test and a burning smell was in the region of NB. NB heatsinks were warmer than standard settings was also trying a new OC of the CPU. Note: Only 1.25v/2990MHz at the time too.

My advice is only 6 months old. I've never had anything like this RMA. MSI is the warranty? I’m thinking of upgrading to 990fx card too because I want to run anyway despite msi BD says that this advice will support. The cf-v asus is looking really good though. If MSI board will ensure new or remanufactured card? I’m thinking they just sold the receipt of MSI to recover some costs cf asus, or should I roll with the 890FX to 990fx Board Selection mature? I was not thinking about switching to BD-up, but now I'm in a little fork in the road.

My setup:

• Msi 890fxa-gd70
    • corsair dominator gt 8 GB
    • Corsair gs800
    • Seagate 1tb 7200rpm

Re: RMA MSI 890fx board or Upgrade to MSI 990fx

1. No doubt if the plate can be RMA'd for subsequent sale, if nothing else.
    2. Certainly I would say I was running N0t principal when I smelled smoke. I smell something is all going to say.
    3. If possible, there is nothing wrong with running a 890 board and CPU, while another guinea pig of the maturity of the BD. Heck all of these 990 tips have been out for a while waiting for BD.

I was thinking 890FXA-GD70 worth more now than when it hits BD but I’m thinking I’m just being impatient. I do not know, but most other things, the first BD chips oc even as good as a year after production, as AMD has been pushing things back so much.

I thought I would add that I am very happy at the response time of RMA. Although the website says you can call and dial ext 2 I was frustrated that no one picked up. Tagging support and they told me they do online. Anyway it did online around noon and 530 had an RMA number. I have the luck to have Msi just miles from home and could have done that same day decided to leave today and gave me a reform in the act. So if you do not have to send your almost a day, but a two-day process for me.

I am also going to wait a while before going 990fx. Or heck, if the BD 890 works perhaps I can jump 990

I've spent a small fortune on equipment listed in my signature. I will definitely be satisfied with what I have and will probably skip a generation on the motherboard, graphics, CPU, etc.

However, when money is not, and try all the generations of hardware that comes down the pike, unfortunately, not have that luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona19 View Post
    I've spent a small fortune on equipment listed in my signature. I will definitely be satisfied with what I have and will probably skip a generation on the motherboard, graphics, CPU, etc.

However, when money is not, and try all the generations of hardware that comes down the pike, unfortunately, not have that luxury.
    Yes, I'm with you friend, keep reading about the 990 really seems to support the 890 SLI, I do not need since I'm running a single screen of 1920x1080 .unfortunately