Thread: Is there any way of running NF7-S V2 on a 400MHZ FSB at the same time installing 3GB RAM?

Is there any way of running NF7-S V2 on a 400MHZ FSB at the same time installing 3GB RAM?

I'm running an NF7-S v2 by means of an AMD Athlon XP 3200 + (which be able to function at 400 MHz FSB) with 3GB of RAM at my discarding.
    • 3 GB of RAM @ 333MHz which effectively limits my CPU to run with a FSB of 333 MHz (in fact, which is an Athlon 2500 +).
    • 2 GB of RAM @ 400MHz, which limits the RAM, but let my CPU to run at 400MHz FSB.

As for memory speed I would say its worth using 3 GB for the lowest speed over 2 GB to the highest speed, nevertheless when running 3GB to the lowest speed CPU' m also slowing down, it is an awful loss. Consequently, the query can is: Is there any method to run this motherboard at 400MHz FSB, while installing 3GB RAM? In order to be capable to run more rapidly CPU with more RAM.

Re: Is there any way of running NF7-S V2 on a 400MHZ FSB at the same time installing 3GB RAM?

You will be doing a delicate balancing act between having the memory error or recovering what speed you can. Ensure that the Command Rate is 2T and then start the clock back FSB and RAM speed to go until I can get out of error. The further you get into more than 400FSB CPU speed to recover. I would go up 5 FSB at a time and run the first 95 to ensure stability. From 15 to 30 minutes to get to where it seems you can go further. Then step back and the first of a couple of hours to make sure it is stable. You will have to check the temperatures and Vcore increase as necessary as you overclock a backup

Re: Is there any way of running NF7-S V2 on a 400MHZ FSB at the same time installing 3GB RAM?

So basically you're saying I should try overclocking the board? RAM itself would be within specification values such as PC3200.Pardon my ignorance but what you mean is 2T command rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Martyna View Post
    So basically you're saying I should try overclocking the board? RAM itself would be within specification values such as PC3200.Pardon my ignorance but what you mean is 2T command rate?
    It might be labeled CAS1 or CAS2. Do not forget to set the tRAS to 11 for optimal results may not be able to run that ram much reliable, maybe 2 GB, maybe even less. 11 tRAS is important though.

CAS Latency (also labeled as the CAS latency, CAS Timing Delay) the number of clock cycles that pass from the column that addressed the data arriving at the checkout. The memory manufacturer lists the best possible configuration in CL qualification.

Command Rate (Rates are also labeled as CMD) the number of clock cycles needed to cope with the memory modules and memory chip with the data of the desired area. If the memory banks are filled to capacity, will have to increase this rate to two, resulting in a significant decrease in performance.
    Reply 5

Quote Originally Posted by Gimbya View Post
    CAS Latency (also labeled as the CAS latency, CAS Timing Delay) the number of clock cycles that pass from the column that addressed the data arriving at the checkout. The memory manufacturer lists the best possible configuration in CL qualification.

Command Rate (Rates are also labeled as CMD) the number of clock cycles needed to cope with the memory modules and memory chip with the data of the desired area. If the memory banks are filled to capacity, will have to increase this rate to two, resulting in a significant decrease in performance.
    Reply 5
    In any case, the tRAS setting is important. 11 may seem silly, but it is actually faster, due to a bug in the driver of the NF2, IIRC.

It has been over time! I threw her body last summer; they even put it in its box and filled it well, then put him gently into the tray recycling, because it’s better than the d26 Taipan landfill remembers with CPC. I cannot remember exactly what it’s called

Quote Originally Posted by jamiejohn View Post
    It has been over time! I threw her body last summer; they even put it in its box and filled it well, then put him gently into the tray recycling, because it’s better than the d26 Taipan landfill remembers with CPC. I cannot remember exactly what it’s called
    There could be sold or offered. I would have saved. My system is still the old NF7-S v2 verifies the signature.