Thread: Asus Crosshair V vs. Gigabyte 990FX- UD7

Asus Crosshair V vs. Gigabyte 990FX- UD7

So I'm preparing for the release of Bull Dozer and people asked that the board UD7 or listed Crosshair V? This is the first time buying a high-end configuration of AMD and wants advice. I'll be using only vertical walls. (Can be removed at my computer every day one day) I know these two companies together make good on the Intel side, but what about this side?

re: Asus Crosshair V vs. Gigabyte 990FX- UD7

Finding and doing some research on both boards all I can say is that both are very impressive. The Gigabyte graphics card is compatible with four, while the Asus only supports 3. Asus plate while the Gigabyte UEFI not.

The thing is that this is not the best advice from Asus. You are looking for the formula that is very good, but will be released in a V cross the road end supports 4 cards and have many more features.

Based on the only bench press, I imagine the Gigabyte board would be superior, in view of the fact that it supports additional graphics cards and I imagine it has more PCIe lanes (approved me if I'm wrong). You in reality only desire to focus on power delivery and the amount of electricity they can pump into the CPU. I have heard in a further forum with your query exactly what this man had more overclocking with the Gigabyte board UD-5 compared with the formula V Crosshair.

To go with the Gigabyte bench press, if you want to use it as a card a day, then I would go with the Asus

I went with the ASUS. That's what's on the road. The main reason is better BIOS support. Gigabyte has been a serious failure of the BIOS area. I got rid of my P67 for MIVE UD7 because of this. I will use the information CHV bench press.

ASUS. I'm writing the review UD7 now. Undoubtedly ASUS. Long story short - the UD7 software is not nearly as good and the uncontrollable Vdroop is atrocious.

That said, I sent this information to Gigabyte to see how they respond. Perhaps you enter the LLC control with updated BIOS. At this time, however, simply I cannot recommend the UD7.

Same trouble in 1155. They have recognized about it for months and have not addressed.

I cannot tell, I have no one to try. I can only speak of those who've tried and the UD7 Vdroop is horrible. If you add an option LLC (I'm trying like hell to get to do), I'll say comes down to how important you think that Windows is the overclocking. Except for the software (and in fact the software is good, just do not have any control over that Vcore voltage) and is an immense tip Vdroop. Vdroop nevertheless is a game changer in my estimation.

Now, for extreme benchmarking, this is the focus of V to the end. If Vdroop address the trouble, then maybe UD7 would be just as good for benching extreme, but they have to solve this problem or just not good for him.

Re: Asus Crosshair V vs. Gigabyte 990FX- UD7

UD7 of SB LLC have multiple options and remains a big problem. The best bios is still an old beta bios as hell that has only two levels and is to some extent unsurprising LLC. The most recent BIOS has 10 levels and is just awful.