Thread: Should I buy Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5?

Should I buy Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5?

So I finally got the cash and I had my eyes on this board for a number of times. Is there any motive why I should remain or not buy? Tri-SLI is more than sufficient for me, since it only has 7 expansion slots anyway, and I love the dual BIOS and Gigabyte 2xCopper that it offers. And ultimately, it will be a pretty big step above my current table. But I would like to know in advance the potential drawbacks, and is harder to find these things on a motherboard than it was for me. So what better place to come? So any help is much esteemed.

Re: Should I buy Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5?

If you pay money for now with an eye to buying a bulldozer processor later .I would wait until Bulldozer processors commence to be used in a genuine 990FX motherboard. I mean it merely uses a Core 2 and certainly do not need more advice to run only the CPU.

BD CPU will bring some changes in reaction to the changes and then begin to see what truth these tips were designed CPU. Of course it's like I would for the reason that I would not lose money today on a board that was less than super-sized with the novel kid on the CPU to go into what we all anticipate is a small time.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Reyes View Post
    If you pay money for now with an eye to buying a bulldozer processor later .I would wait until Bulldozer processors commence to be used in a genuine 990FX motherboard. I mean it merely uses a Core 2 and certainly do not need more advice to run only the CPU.

BD CPU will bring some changes in reaction to the changes and then begin to see what truth these tips were designed CPU. Of course it's like I would for the reason that I would not lose money today on a board that was less than super-sized with the novel kid on the CPU to go into what we all anticipate is a small time.
    That's a great idea and hit the nail on the head with my plans, but thanks for your input. I will almost certainly wait until the discharge and we hope the meeting will be superior. I have my eye on it, after all

It is very good advice. I have no major problems with mine (although some vdrop what others complain), but better to wait until the BD release as we see some new reviews or some new cards.

From there vdrop issues already mentioned (must be fixed for BD), sometimes there are problems during the execution of the units in SATA3/RAID (it's only run with a maximum of transfers in some configurations SATA2 RAID) and the release of the nuclei is not working. Other than that, all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Battista View Post
    From there vdrop issues already mentioned (must be fixed for BD), sometimes there are problems during the execution of the units in SATA3/RAID (it's only run with a maximum of transfers in some configurations SATA2 RAID) and the release of the nuclei is not working. Other than that, all is well.
    That's good to know .so for the SATA controller, which is only a trouble with the operation of RAID, right? And if you have RAID, which reduces the speed at SATA2 speeds? And is only for the RAID array or all drives? And release the core. What is the trouble? Can you tell if the patches are planned for all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Martyna View Post
    That's good to know .so for the SATA controller, which is only a trouble with the operation of RAID, right? And if you have RAID, which reduces the speed at SATA2 speeds? And is only for the RAID array or all drives? And release the core. What is the trouble? Can you tell if the patches are planned for all this?
    How do you be acquainted with the vdroop trouble will be fixed for BD?

Quote Originally Posted by Olenka View Post
    How do you be acquainted with the vdroop trouble will be fixed for BD?
    Until now rumored to be fixed when a BD is CPU into the socket. No one can say with certainty that I have knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona19 View Post
    Until now rumored to be fixed when a BD is CPU into the socket. No one can say with certainty that I have knowledge.
    Yes I've heard this. it sounded as if differences in regulation of power / consumption in the excavator.

Yes, all 990FX boards have a power design bulldozers is not included in the CPU so if the producers will not add manual settings in bios LLC vdrop and then work on the BD standard configuration (which is vdrop for older CPUs). Until now, the Gigabyte boards do not have this option in the BIOS.

About RAID .I'm still not convinced what this is all about, but I was testing my SSD / RAID and seems to work superior in 2 / 3 SATA ports in the 0 / 1 (until 6 should be the same ports SATA3 ). There is also Gigabyte BIOS option to facilitate RAID 5 and I realized that it is helping, even if you are running RAID0. Crucial 2x M4 are doing to ~ 560MB / s read when something is not right and up to 800 MB / s when active for SATA3 limit is ~ 275MB / s for each unit (except RAID SSD SATA3 nobody will notice that , so maybe not many users complained about this issue). Individual units are working fine.

About CPU cores unlock .I have not seen anyone who was able to run stable unlocked CPU Gigabyte 990FX boards (if I'm wrong please add a comment). It seems that you can unlock 2.1 kernels, but when you try to use something like F @ H, etc. you prime95 freezes instantly. Many users criticize that they are capable to unlock the cores of older boards, nevertheless cannot in UD3/UD5/UD7 990FX.

Probably the same with my Phenom II X2 is running at 100% stable 24 / 7@4.1GHz + but no matter what I try to unlock all Central is the freezing of the windows. I will replace it soon, so I do not care much.