Thread: Audio not working with Asus Crosshair V

Audio not working with Asus Crosshair V

Well, first my X-Fi worked fine on my Gigabyte UD4P 790XT, nevertheless as soon as I came to the ASUS Crosshair V, I cannot work. I had troubles with Creative X-Fi and Asus boards before.

I decided to cut their losses and go with onboard audio as it is supposed to be quite good, Supreme X-Fi 2, and I cannot get the front left speaker output to work. I tried my 5.1 surround sound (analog, Z-5500), and if otherwise the audio cable front / rear, output is still missing the front left of Audio, that is, the trouble is not the speaker or the Z-5500 system.

Re: Audio not working with Asus Crosshair V

I'm using analog in the rear. It is not throwing any audio file from left front, and tried my rear speakers in the same port and same thing, so it's definitely not the cable and speaker NO. It's absolutely the result of the green (front L / R audio) port. This is the IO port on the back of the motherboard.

I associated the HD audio ports front and guess what, it works!

But have you tried the Realtek drivers from Realtek's site?

I remember some time ago I had a similar trouble with the audio drivers from the site of the motherboard is not working properly (irregular / crackling). I switched to the Realtek driver directly from the website and it fixed my troubles.

Uncertain if this helps, but what you have to lose at this point, apart from going with a sound card?

I cannot support the Realtek driver and the application is ROG boards. Works horrifying sounds horrible, and it is awful. The chip has a crab in it, and I think it is essential to eliminate the crab by going to a discrete audio solution. It need not be luxurious. Even if on board. You have enough to decent speakers you will notice that the cleanest sound card anyway discreet. If you throw a little more money in it, you'll get much, much better sound.

Well, you're correct, nevertheless guess what .I have an X-Fi card. I prefer my X-Fi, and above it I have audiophile headphones that sound much superior with amplified output, the X-Fi Elite console! The console gives a blow sick in my headphones amp and sounds amazing.

I had troubles with X-Fi and AMD Asus boards before. I wonder if the same trouble, or did my X-Fi.This is the reason why I'm not even play the embedded audio. I need some work while I guess my X-Fi position.

Okay, so that the drivers in a straight line from Realtek did not help either. I deduct the onboard audio and screwed an RMA number will be essential. I'm convinced as heck doing not believe it's worth sending the entire board, transportation, etc., just for that. I'll acquire it, for now.

Sometimes I have troubles with my XFI (Intro) .what helps for me is to uninstall the creative .drivers and all the packages, then turn off the computer and pull the card. start up with board and either wait for winderz to load the driver, or install it yourself, then close again and er disable onboard sound, plug XFI, install drivers, reboot and have a card ready change old to work again my extreme music used to conk out on me all the time. my prelude stops working out at me from time to time too, but not as often as did xtreme music .Must be a creative thing

Or my theory is its RAM related in some way perhaps remotely . Figger been trying out for 5 years or On the issue of port died.

Never get one that only half of the outlets not working? The rear and center of both production outputs altogether. The only way out of the right side output. The front audio header at work, though that's why I still imagine its more hardware than software.

Shot in the Dark - When installing the GPU, allowing you to install the HDMI audio driver with it? I had the interference (in fact, completely eliminate) the audio output built into the past.

That was when they were new and have not had a difficulty with versions of the latest drivers, but it's another thing to try. That said, it sounds hardware related.

I uninstall and reinstall the card / drivers. If you ever want a clearer sound and the issues of not getting a CMI8788 card base. No trouble. 4 operating systems, not only qualm. Even Linux it took without coughing. I have established three HDA mobo / GPU HDMI / analog sound card all at the identical time.

I also run sound card for analog output for headphone radio communication and GPU HDMI out by the sounds of the FSX engine. No trouble there. I'm convinced I could have run the music from side to side my HDA sound card or while I was doing that without any problem. Win 7 is the best operating system for audio I used in an order of magnitude. It seems very strange that you are having these problems.

I remember having a similar trouble with new construction. I put the motherboard are out of the bottom left in the wrong position and failed motherboard for fans just twice spine and off every time the computer started. I went crazy until I figured it out.