Thread: Slow Post with Asus Crosshair V

Slow Post with Asus Crosshair V

It takes about 15 seconds following pressing the POWER button for a display of POST (ASUS), then tells me unlocked not (does not construct sense as I am disabled and X6 using anyhow), and then after a small number of second targets ASUS POST display again, then leave to AHCI device detected, etc.
    The whole process takes about 30 seconds! Then Windows starts in about 10 seconds on my 240 GB Vertex 3.I have everything in terms of the default clocks. I have read elsewhere in this slow start.

My list of devices:

• Western Digital 500 GB SATA
    • OCZ 240 GB Vertex 3
    • 2x Samsung DVD Writer

Re: Slow Post with Asus Crosshair V

I completely disabled all other boot devices, and even tried with DVD burners off. No go. I think the screen is the BIOS AHCI eSATA, full screen logo, and then the information unlocker team with no central message at the bottom, and then the full screen logo, then the main SATA AHCI BIOS display, then starts Windows. Something of that arrange, nevertheless the man who takes about 30 seconds.

Again, totally confused about the central unlocker using an X6 and that even the central unlocker disabled in the BIOS.

Core Unlocker is supposed to not be revealed, not my x6. Disabled 3rd party drivers will make the boot instance more rapidly. I have no USB 3 device and was not using by means of a group of USB 2, consequently that all disabled USB 3.0, the further SATA controller and eSATA controller. If you perform, shave a modest time to boot.

You may have to disable the 3.0 also. I wonder if that would make a difference because I do not see why it should be the cause of late anyway. ESata I like to have available through.

However, why it takes at least 10 seconds of video .No other board that I had never done that. It seems that only in the crosshairs of ASUS (3 and 4) Google and I have 5, so it's got to be a feature of some kind.

And I'm puzzled about the central unlocker. Certainly it is disabled in the BIOS although I still acquire that error cursed in X6, though!

The front sight (probably all the cards ROG) have the problem because of all 3rd party controllers. If selected, they must all be initialized one at a time, which seriously slows down the process of post. AFTER goes fast, is the initialization of all the other things that pull of existence that takes time. It's the price you pay for extra enthusiasts (and the top of the line-) connectivity.

Does not chuckle, nevertheless I have no suggestion what ROG? not had occasion to come across. I disabled that too. Man, I'm a total beginner OCing compared with the average OCF-er these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliana View Post
    Does not chuckle, nevertheless I have no suggestion what ROG? not had occasion to come across. I disabled that too. Man, I'm a total beginner OCing compared with the average OCF-er these days.
    ROG = Republic of Gamers. It's just the name of the top of ASUS's counsel line. Overclockers will also focus on at this point, so just obtain ROG its own implication as high-end ASUS. On the optimistic side, it is not something you have to put out of action.

Probably ROG Connect. This is the interface flanked by the PC and another PC that be able to be used remotely to overclock (e.g. 3DMarks run and which to place the CPU speed CPU for testing). That should not affect start times. At least I do not think I should. It does not hurt to leave it off.

All you need to disable the SATA controller in section as media onboard leave 3.0 as media enabled. I do not know why it has no central unlocker, make sure your disability in the BIOS, may be ignited by accident that you’re trying to unlock an x2 x4.

I have the GOR and don’t slow my message than I can say. You can also disable the logo rog in the boot section of the bios too; I also think it's an option for a delay in seconds once you’re off too

The SATA controller AS Media eSata I work with. I think I had to enable AHCI on and on it, so I can hot-swap my eSata dock, you will definitely need.

I have definitely unlocker core out, which is why I am so confused. I also disabled the full logo, yet the machine beeps and lights up for about 10 seconds after pressing the power button. The machine works well, but POST only slows me crazy.

I mean SSD I'm using an extremely expensive, so you can do things fast and stop using flash / sleep. A loss of electricity to be used as frequently on hold. I imagine it pulls about 30 watts when I tested with my Kill-O-Watt device.

Read reviews on Newegg this forum, some users reported the same trouble. Others received the DOA so do not complain about POST, as they were by no means capable to pull that thing.