Thread: Testing USB 3.0 on the Gigabyte UD3R and UD6

Testing USB 3.0 on the Gigabyte UD3R and UD6

Gigabyte has not been resting on its laurels nonetheless, and today I’m start a sequence on their most current increases to the P55 tribe, the P55A-UD3R and the P55A-UD6, both of which emphasize a few SATA 6 Gb/s ports, and a few USB 3.0 ports! Even though I make a point not to have a SATA 6 Gb/s drive to test performance of the new interface, part one of my examinations is an investigation of the unique USB 3.0 interface utilizing the UD6 motherboard? The aforementioned tests try not to include noteworthy or utmost overclocking. I’ll be turning more toward the overclocking potential of the aforementioned loads up truly soon.

Re: Testing USB 3.0 on the Gigabyte UD3R and UD6

Now if they make a go at putting USB 3.0 on MATX P55, they preferred are utilizing the PCIE paths on P55. Yet if Gen1 of pcie they can still utilize more the one path to get near speculative max data transfer capacity. I don’t really fathom why they saw the necessity to go out utilizing PCIE paths from the CPU. They need to let those sit unassisted and apart from others unless USB 3.0 is can't help being utilized on single opening GPU motherboards, IMO that could make more sense to go that track.

There has been dialogue of Asus' offering likewise in alternate discussion threads, as well as contrasts in the implementation of USB 3.0 on the two platforms. I think there could be a take after-up section about the proposed distinctions and what they mean for display. Since you’re fascinated, I might chat with Asus concerning an evaluation example so you would be able to test their sheet in a comparative way.

In the event that you need greatest performance out of USB 3.0, the best equipped approach to do it is via a PCIe path straightforwardly from the CPU. Now, I'm not asserting this is the best equipped respond in due order regarding most living breathing souls, and if you’re a SLI gamer, plainly that choice should not be good to go. Be that as it may if you’re graphical requests are bring down, this is a stupendous approach to run it. Just, as I have been declaring over and over in the event that you need the greatest of all things you're getting a load of the wrong stage, you need to be taking a gander at LGA1366. That being stated, I'd unmistakably be fascinated by comparing the performance of one of the other options

Hi guys, I have just read the usb 3.0 review. I have the same issues with a gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R as you described "large drops in performance accompanied by an audible click and the sound of the drive spinning down, as if the drive lost power." I have updated bios to latest version, updated nec USB 3.0 chip to latest firmware and updated drivers to latest. Issues still happens. Has anyone found any solution? I'm using Win7 pro 64bits.

I read the identified test and found that they were not positively testing. They just declared it happened and after that I googled the title of this thread and there was no notice of such incident on any more Gigabyte motherboards. With this string being over a year and a part old and no answers in that timeframe, I remain skeptical about any individual has had a fantastic issue with the situation and the string was about P55 chipset loads up not X58.

You would be able to start to search for different answers and not be just attend to some response in a 1 year old string, I googled X58 and click and drive easing or turning off and there were no real hits of such a power issue with the X58 motherboard. I anticipate you might have a slipping up motherboard or maybe a capacity supply as I surmise that your motherboard worked for a brief period of time then started to show the conduct because X58 has been out for some time.