Thread: Need information on Asrock Extreme4 970

Need information on Asrock Extreme4 970

So I have some parts of my building today (everything except the case, hard disk and optical), so I did a test to make sure nothing is DOA. So I run a couple of times and then on again. One of the LEDs in. Debug thing does not work. But everything works fine. The only thing I'm sure if it says A6, which is a configuration error? Someone knows something about A6? Or will you leave once you install Windows

Re: Need information on Asrock Extreme4 970

Diagnostic LEDs are AsRock stranger. I was with three of their boards in the last two years and all had some codes that were not in the manual or errors are awful. It is most excellent to inquire for assist, nevertheless AsRock wait 7 days to react.

Well, checked the list of compatible memory and apparently my exact model of RAM G. Skill is not on the list. I guess that was the problem, so I'm ordering a RAM that is on the list and see how it goes. If not, then it must be the motherboard or CPU.

The same plate and picked up 16 GB of Gskill the weekend Newegg, see table next. seed is good enough, suggest putting heat sink fan and SB also get small 3 / 4 "x/3/4" copper sinks hot spots in the table, had to do this to my AOD790GX AsRock it replaced, makes a world of difference, you just get the ones with the double-sided tape, a few minutes to do, and real EZ to make, use your fingers or guided laser detector thermal temperature (it has one) to find the points real hot.

MEMS despite Gskill is made for Intel, I have to work full speed plus small overclock with only some minor adjustments to the BIOS.

I have 2 x 4 GB DDR3 1333. It ended in 8GBRL. Not on the list of supporters. I will attempt to remove and replace all that. Could it be the motherboard / CPU?

This is rarely the difficulty. You cannot actually expect a motherboard manufacturer have tried every combo of mutton or compatibility, especially with the new memory models coming out all the time.

The compatibility list is immediately a sample. I deduction that will be well-matched except there is plentiful confirmation of the community of enthusiasts to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona19 View Post
    This is rarely the difficulty. You cannot actually expect a motherboard manufacturer have tried every combo of mutton or compatibility, especially with the new memory models coming out all the time.

The compatibility list is immediately a sample. I deduction that will be well-matched except there is plentiful confirmation of the community of enthusiasts to the contrary.
    I answered before, but I never hit reply. So I have the whole thing working by placing a stick of ram in B1 socket. A1 and A2 Sockets not seem to work, RAM is not imperfect.

I imagine I have to return the motherboard because the two slots defective.

Operating system is installed and everything. I am running on this machine now. Will test the other stick in the B2. Still gives me 8 GB of RAM, although if it works, no matter dual channel?

I get home and load my equipment into the box . I feel good that at the maximum setting of 60 fps +. After it closed, I BSOD a few seconds later. I turn it on and notice one of my fans is switched on and off. So I go back to a draft, and reconnect the ventilator. Although it was open, I changed my RAM sticks to observe if the other worked. Loaded my draft and BAM BSOD.

I also had the error 54 so changing the RAM back and think that one of the sticks of RAM is defective, while I've been using is fine. I turn back into windows and give me BSOD again. I am a little freaking out now. So reboot, and I get a system mistake, it says I cannot load windows. So after trying the tests of memory, system repair, recovery, nothing worked. I am currently doing a clean install of Windows. I cannot seem to understand why none of this is happening. I think I'll RMA the motherboard and the RAM soon.

Yes sockets A1 and A2 or terrible. This is what I have done in a different way. I simply had a stick in slot B1. I distorted clubs, yet with B1 and gave me a trouble. This leads me to see in your mind's eye about the slots plus a stick of RAM is terrible!

Also here's something else I noticed. AMD Overdrive, the CPU voltage 1.02V and 1.4V ranges, changing the speed of drivers. I went into the BIOS as well as manually set at 1.4 V and 200 MHz with a multiplier of 16x Is there a further trouble?

Just say, today I can post a photo showing the cooling mods, you have to discover my camera .do not laugh, glue / superglue gel consumer for years within cases.

others recommended 5 small heatsinks, but the fan will do the trick d example of cool to move to a need hot stuff.