Thread: BIOS setting for increasing SSD performance

BIOS setting for increasing SSD performance

Do you think that if I set the BIOS Setting for increasing or getting the better performance will going to break my SSD? Currently I have installed the Gigabyte GAEP45-UD3P v1.6 motherboard. I made it really faster but not with overclocking. Just used a 64gb ssd for Windows 7 and a few important apps. With Intel Q6600 2.4GHz processor I want to get most of the performance out of the ssd. Is this gonna be an issue?

Re: BIOS setting for increasing SSD performance

Well, whether or not Windows 7, you can disable timestamp, volume shadow copys off, possibly hiberfil.sys and, depending on the amount of ram, shrink the pagefile extreme and a HDD slide. Then they'll last longer.

If you have everything installed, you can always download SSDTweaker (disabled by request or automatically, the relevant services), and begin not to Benchen every day, the SSD, it is enough to start to see if everything is within you and then only look at your "reference values" and you can check from time to time, but you do not like crazy when it's something less, just normal!

Comment that I have put the disk in AHCI mode in BIOS and have updated to the maximum the system with the latest drivers and updates.

I was looking for optimizations that make the OS to make the most of an SSD and also to minimize the degradation, but the truth is I did not clarify, because you read things that are left when the first did not have SSD TRIM and then after you read different ones, people who say that the page file is removed, people who say no, and so on. Total in the end took a mess of the wafer.

There are four main ways to speed access to memory and increase performance:
    • The BIOS offers a range of memory speeds to choose from.The settings are independent of memory speed in BIOS, and many can be set directly or based on values imposed (FSB x multiplier = memory speed).
    • It is no secret that a high frequency of the FSB is the most important parameter when overclocking the RAM on an Intel system, so the data can be delivered faster to the CPU.
    • Reduced timing have a positive impact on memory speed, but can lead to system instability. These changes would be better carried out in small steps.
    • The most important parameter is the value of CAS latency as all the other values are based on this approach, and have greatly reduced influence on performance.

For now what I did was follow the directions, which has been the one I found that explained things more clearly.
    • Disable disk indexing
    • Disable disk defragmentation
    • Disable write cache
    • Firefox: Using cache memory and disk
    • Change SuperFetch options

In principle you can run on your SSD SATA controller in IDE or AHCI mode, you can. It is important to question whether your SSD TRIM supports and whether you want to use it. Accordingly, your choice should fail the BIOS settings and the choice of drivers. If you want access to TRIM, which imho would be reasonable setting AHCI in the bios, then the current Rapid Storage Device Driver, the Trim command piped. Against this current Intel drivers had to use the Microsoft driver for use of TRIM, which however is not as efficient as the Intel driver.

We must change some settings in the bios on the motherboard to begin just by the mode of the Serial ATA controller. As the update of firmware for an alternative operating system like DOS must generally need to be performed in IDE mode and not AHCI or RAID modes. The SSD is not detected in these cases.

As previous speakers have already written, you must first change to AHCI under Windows 7, and then restart it, go into the BIOS and then switch from IDE to AHCI or install just like in AHCI mode

Windows 7 and I now have my bios set to AHCI and then reinstalled windows. Unfortunately, the Windows Experience Index rating of my hard drive is now much lower than the last time the theater was on IDE IDE 7.2 was in the course of time gradually, last reading 5., AHCI 5.9 Become the speed of my SSD HD in AHCI mode in the long run slower? And supports Windows 7 TRIM my HD? And how do I know if TRIM is working? I'm going to restore files already on the landfill